C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners in Montana?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tuners in Montana?

Hi guys, looking to do exhaust and supercharger on my vette, anybody know good tuners around Bozeman, MT? Billings, Missoula, Helena, Idaho Falls, etc.

I'm planning on doing a full exhaust immediately and a supercharger while she's parked for the winter.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Okay, so I literally live about 5 miles from Dynojet, but can't seem to find a high end Vette tuner who deals with cams, headers, and blowers... sigh.

I was at Dynojet 20 years ago when they were first getting rolling, they used my diesel pickup a few times as they were getting the bugs worked out. At that time they were really big into motorcycle tuning, they also worked over one of my Ninja's. My how times have changed...
Old 10-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Mail order. There are plenty of good mail order options, or do it yourself. Tuning is magic, especially for basic combos.

ECS, Matt@FSP, or many others can mail order tune it just fine.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

So having never even heard of HP Tuners prior to joining this forum, I obviously know nothing about tuning the car. I am fairly computer savvy however (if that matters) Would a basic tune that accounts for having headers and no longer having cats be very simple and straightforward for me to do?

As far as once I'm supercharged, can I do a "basic tune" fairly easily and then I'm assuming do various full throttle, runs at cruise, etc. using the data logging feature and then they tune from that? Educated guessing, how much HP would that leave on the table vs. having it tuned on a dyno by a vette "guru"?

Thanks much!

Originally Posted by Unreal
Mail order. There are plenty of good mail order options, or do it yourself. Tuning is magic, especially for basic combos.

ECS, Matt@FSP, or many others can mail order tune it just fine.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:38 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

Feel free to call, email or PM us. We would be glad to help.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

It is easy. In fact I would just pay someone like matt to mail order tune it. For headers/intake no big deal, that is super simple. Even blower tunes are easy. You can log, send them to him, he can make the adjustments, then you load them back. Once you play with it a bit you will probably be making all your own adjustments. Take it easy and error on the safe side. You shouldn't be giving up any HP over dyno, and in fact I've seen people gain a ton over "local experts" because a lot of the time, a local expert isn't that good.

Or Doug. Doug is good. I think Doug taught Matt everything he knows, or it could be the other way
Old 10-08-2014, 07:45 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
It is easy. In fact I would just pay someone like matt to mail order tune it. For headers/intake no big deal, that is super simple. Even blower tunes are easy. You can log, send them to him, he can make the adjustments, then you load them back. Once you play with it a bit you will probably be making all your own adjustments. Take it easy and error on the safe side. You shouldn't be giving up any HP over dyno, and in fact I've seen people gain a ton over "local experts" because a lot of the time, a local expert isn't that good.

Or Doug. Doug is good. I think Doug taught Matt everything he knows, or it could be the other way

Matt and I worked together for years and are very good friends, we have both been in the game literally since it started.

But yes, I taught Matt everything he knows!!

Let me throw an FSP in here so this comes up in a search for him, he'll get a laugh out of this.

To be clear, I have learned things from Matt, and he has learned things from me.

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 10-08-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Hey Doug, didn't figure you'd talk to me since I'm one of "those" guys going with a PD blower LOL

In all seriousness though, I will absolutely give you a call and have ya do a mail order tune! I didn't realize it could be done that well, I just figured it was a "good enough" way of tuning it. Shows my ignorance again to the "mod world". Thanks to Unreal for setting me straight

I've finally made up my damn mind with this car, I'm going to go pretty conservative, shooting for 5-550whp. Gonna put an Edelbrock on it since I'm not going anything radical and it will fit under the hood. PD's are what I've always had (8 of them) so it just feels comfortable. Figure I can use this car to learn on and figure out what I like and don't like and want and don't want. Then in a couple of years I will buy a 2013 GS equipped EXACTLY the way I want it. By then I will know a lot more, that car I will cam, meth, etc. Who knows, I might even go Centri Although twin turbos are pretty damn sexy....

Thanks again guys!

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Feel free to call, email or PM us. We would be glad to help.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:57 AM
rwheelz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Dyno tuning is available at Mikey's Auto in Billings

http://mikeysautomotive.com

Last edited by rwheelz; 10-17-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuners in Montana?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuners in Montana?