C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable torque management on My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Sultan Hasan Asiri
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable torque management on My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans

Hi Guys,

I have tried alot of stuff fiddling around with it but it just doesnt seem to make a difference can any body tell me a step by step way to completely turn off torque management in the engine as well as transmission? My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans "6L80"

Am I need to change anything else in Transmission TM or not?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 AM
Sultan Hasan Asiri
Cruising

No Body can help me?
Old 10-16-2014, 12:55 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I turned it off with my Intune in the TCM programming. Selected 'firm,' then another screen in the "modify" section allowed me to turn it off completely. Really made my '13 A-6 come alive. Any tuner should be able to do it, but the Intune makes it a piece of cake.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:27 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

In HPT there are switches in the transmission section to turn off TM. It is best you understand exactly what you are turning off before you do it. There is plenty of reading on the topic on HP Tuners forums.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Sultan Hasan Asiri
Cruising

Thank you guys, i tried many things but the transmission isn't working fine after those changes and i returned the old file.

I will try to search to find something.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:27 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Hello I have EFILIVE so you'll have to interpret which of HP's tables are the same ones---

The TQ management in a LS3 is called TQ CONTOL and they seem to be the same tables for Traction Control (TCS) and TQ control
To disable the Traction control ( so the tires can spin)

Go to the Eng file
open TQ Control
Click on "parameters"
Set the TCS Minimum TQ to 480
Set theTCS Minimum coolant temp to 400

This will delete the Traction Control
Now delrting the TQ Control (or management is tricky on an automatic car--Because the ECM uses these tables to remove TQ during upshifts and downshifts at full throttle
IF you delete all of the control it will bang the gears so hard you'll feel like your trans is going to fly into the cabin---Super hard on the trans and you can easily break it
However there are a few tables that you can alter to "Soften the TQ control ---so you don't lose so much momemtum at each shift

Again in the ENG file in TQ Control
TQ reduction spark--fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Wheel Hop TQ Reduction spark --fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Axle TQ Protection ---spark--fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Clunk Reduction --- spark only to NO
TCS Throttle limiter by gear---set entire table to max---6046
TCS Throttle limiter by input speed DOUBLE the entire table

And finally this table gets rid of unwanted spark deducts on a hard launch which feels like a sort of traction control by removing up to 10*
of timing and making the car lazy
In the SPARK table--go to the KNOCK tables
Find KNOCK FAST ATTACK RETARD LIMIT
AT WOT the stock value is 10* at WOT
start at 2000 RPM all the way to the end 8000 RPM
Then at WOT OR from 13.1 to 14.6 MAP in PSI enter "0" in all those boxes

I tune all the LS3's this way and have had excellent results--Just be careful remember no more traction control
Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Sultan Hasan Asiri
Cruising

Originally Posted by tblu92
Hello I have EFILIVE so you'll have to interpret which of HP's tables are the same ones---

The TQ management in a LS3 is called TQ CONTOL and they seem to be the same tables for Traction Control (TCS) and TQ control
To disable the Traction control ( so the tires can spin)

Go to the Eng file
open TQ Control
Click on "parameters"
Set the TCS Minimum TQ to 480
Set theTCS Minimum coolant temp to 400

This will delete the Traction Control
Now delrting the TQ Control (or management is tricky on an automatic car--Because the ECM uses these tables to remove TQ during upshifts and downshifts at full throttle
IF you delete all of the control it will bang the gears so hard you'll feel like your trans is going to fly into the cabin---Super hard on the trans and you can easily break it
However there are a few tables that you can alter to "Soften the TQ control ---so you don't lose so much momemtum at each shift

Again in the ENG file in TQ Control
TQ reduction spark--fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Wheel Hop TQ Reduction spark --fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Axle TQ Protection ---spark--fuel and throttle ---set to NO
Clunk Reduction --- spark only to NO
TCS Throttle limiter by gear---set entire table to max---6046
TCS Throttle limiter by input speed DOUBLE the entire table

And finally this table gets rid of unwanted spark deducts on a hard launch which feels like a sort of traction control by removing up to 10*
of timing and making the car lazy
In the SPARK table--go to the KNOCK tables
Find KNOCK FAST ATTACK RETARD LIMIT
AT WOT the stock value is 10* at WOT
start at 2000 RPM all the way to the end 8000 RPM
Then at WOT OR from 13.1 to 14.6 MAP in PSI enter "0" in all those boxes

I tune all the LS3's this way and have had excellent results--Just be careful remember no more traction control
Hi tblu92, thank you for reply i will work on it today and i will back to you with my feedback
Old 10-20-2014, 03:34 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Sultan Hasan Asiri
Hi tblu92, thank you for reply i will work on it today and i will back to you with my feedback
I applaud you for trying to accomplish this on your own as I too like to tune my own vehicles when its not over my head. however, this platform with all the electronic tuning needed for the tranny and engine to play nice together is. I would hate to read a post from you where your tranny stops shifting correctly. imo...the few hundred $$ saved from not having a knowledgeable tuner tune it isn't worth the cost of repairing/replacing the tranny.
good luck!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Sultan Hasan Asiri
Cruising

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
I applaud you for trying to accomplish this on your own as I too like to tune my own vehicles when its not over my head. however, this platform with all the electronic tuning needed for the tranny and engine to play nice together is. I would hate to read a post from you where your tranny stops shifting correctly. imo...the few hundred $$ saved from not having a knowledgeable tuner tune it isn't worth the cost of repairing/replacing the tranny.
good luck!
Hello tennblkc6, thank you for your points. Just for your information i tried that by my self because I love to discover those things not about the money. I already know everything about Gen 3 and I bought the Hptuners and two widebands that's mean I need to know how I can do that with correct way.

Thank you again for your notes.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:50 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Sultan Hasan Asiri
Hi Guys,

I have tried alot of stuff fiddling around with it but it just doesnt seem to make a difference can any body tell me a step by step way to completely turn off torque management in the engine as well as transmission? My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans "6L80"

Am I need to change anything else in Transmission TM or not?

Thanks in advance.
Engine tm is easy and "safer" to mess with - just go to the tables for torque vs gear and max them out. you can also disable the tm dropdowns.

Trans tm can be disabled by just shutting everything off on its dropdowns. You posted the engine tm table, but Im not sure if youve seen the trans one... its got its own other set of bs to take care of

If you want your trans to shift sooner, just lower the shift time tables and up the pressures.... You can also look at the inertia tables as well. I believe there is a file for a 2010 GS Automatic tune on the HP tuners repository from a forum member that races vettes... you could compare that for some ideas on where to start.

Beyond that keep in mind if you disable downshift tm, it will get rid of rev matching. This sucks because although you could just rev match the gearchanges yourself, in manual mode, youd be sol in automatic.

Luckily, I have found a work around for the lazy downshifts in manual mode:

When you downshift in manual mode, slightly blip the throttle and it will make the car shift faster - for two reasons the commanded shift time is going to be faster and the torque management isnt going to be lazy in its rev matching. The factory makes the rev match very lazy and unfortunately you cant tune it in hptuners, so getting on the throttle a bit makes the torque go up and all the car has to do is remove some of that torque (if you overdo it) to get to the desired rate. It takes some practice to get it right, but it makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

be careful about removing transmission torque management - it does serve a purpose, and while built A6 transmissions can handle no tm, there are many reports of stock ones wearing out quick without it.

good luck!

Last edited by el es tu; 10-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Not always true----TQ management by design is there to soften the shifts--- In an LS3 this is accomplished partially by slipping the trans clutches- Which wears out and overheats the trans far worse than quick crisp shifts---Deleting TM does however not protect the trans from a driver with no common sense---It takes the control away from the computer and places it on the shoulders of the DRIVER !!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:59 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
I turned it off with my Intune in the TCM programming. Selected 'firm,' then another screen in the "modify" section allowed me to turn it off completely. Really made my '13 A-6 come alive. Any tuner should be able to do it, but the Intune makes it a piece of cake.
I have an intune and trying to do this also..possible could you step me through the process...thanks
Old 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ray_ray
I have an intune and trying to do this also..possible could you step me through the process...thanks
While I don't have "Intune" but instead have "EFI Live", I am trying to do the same end result, can anybody tell me how to eliminate the Torque Management on my 2011 Grand Sport using EFI Live??

Get notified of new replies

To Disable torque management on My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans

Quick Reply: Disable torque management on My Vette 2010 LS3 with Auto trans