C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 instrument cluster replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 PM
combustables
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Z06 instrument cluster replacement

Hi folks,

Sorry it is still not totally clear if I can simply replace my 2007 Z06 instrument t cluster without doing anything else.

I don't care what the mileage says etc. My question is really about whether everything other than the odometer will work or not as opposed to a dead cluster etc.

I researched the forum and unfortunately couldn't find a simple answer for this. I found all sorts of discussions about what the odometer would read (original + new cluster mileage) and the IPC and BPC and all sorts of details but no simple answer to whether or not the thing will light up and work without additional "programming" or swapping out of circuit boards etc.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Arclight
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Provided there is no problem with anything else- the replacement Instrument panel cluster will show the last mileage stored in the BCM (body control module) as stated below.

# 07-08-49-020H: IPC Odometer Programming Method Quick Reference Guide - (Jun 5, 2013)

Subject:IPC Odometer Programming Method Quick Reference Guide

Models: 2003-2014 GM Passenger Cars and Trucks

Attention:
This bulletin applies to vehicles sold in the U.S. and Canada Only.

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2014 model year and update model list. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-49-020G.

The purpose of this bulletin is to provide a reference guide to help identify which season odometer programming method to use after replacing the instrument panel cluster (IPC). The three season odometer programming methods in use today are listed below. In addition, this reference guide lists the component where the season odometer value is stored. The season odometer value may be stored in the IPC, the driver information center (DIC) or the integrated body control module (IBCM), also commonly called a body control module (BCM).

Season Odometer Programming Methods in Use Today
1. IPC reprogramming and setup using the service programming system (SPS).

2. Odometer setup at the electronic service center (ESC) when using an exchange IPC/DIC.

3. Tech 2(R) - The Tech 2 is used to set up a replacement BCM, which includes loading the odometer value that is displayed and stored in the IPC. A replacement IPC will display the previously stored vehicle odometer value, communicated from the BCM, after cycling the ignition or driving the vehicle.

Last edited by Arclight; 11-01-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 AM
KENS80V
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

The odometer reading is stored in the instrument panel cluster not the BCM! For a fee you can send it to US Speedo to have it changed to your current mileage.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 instrument cluster replacement

Quick Reply: Z06 instrument cluster replacement