C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service message on ZO 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Service message on ZO 6

Well I've been home with my new Vette for about a week now. I bought this beautiful thing a couple of weeks back in Virginia with only 1450 miles on it. The next morning I departed for Tallahassee in horrible rain. About an hour into my departure the rain finally stopped. Everything was great till I rolled into Tallahassee. Nothing really changed on the car except this warning started flashing at me. Service antilock brake system. Then it said, Service traction control system. Then it said, Service adjustable suspension system.

Yesterday I took it to Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe Texas where I live. Naturally they wanted to keep it for two days. So just two hours ago on my way home from work I popped in and asked what they found. The service writer explained they found nothing on those three hits, but then asked me had I had any difficulty starting the car. Thinking back I did recall a time or two after pushing the start button and releasing it I heard electrical sounds that in my opinion were normal but the starter did not engage. I remember thinking that it was probably me not having the clutch pedal depressed far enough. So upon depressing the clutch and pushing the button again The starter jumped into action. The service writer said they were going to now put it in the electrical department and would likely need to keep it for another couple of days and they think it's the battery.

I totally disagree because when the starter does engage it leaps into action like it would with a new hot battery.

I just thought I would put this out there for all of you smarter than me guys.

Any knowledge you guys could glean my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tankengine
Old 11-02-2014, 11:07 AM
RPOWU8
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Lots of threads in the C6 Z06 section. You might want to try a search over there.

Lots of possible causes and solutions to try ("C6 voodoo"). More than likely a loose connection at starter or battery IMHO. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lies/crazy.gif
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Left front hub

It was either the sensor or the bearing in the left front hub. They replaced the hub, drove it 30 miles to check it out and gave it back to me.

So far no problems.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tankengine
It was either the sensor or the bearing in the left front hub. They replaced the hub, drove it 30 miles to check it out and gave it back to me.

So far no problems.
That could cause the first two messages but not so sure on the suspension system, could it have said Active Handling?

Keep an eye on the battery/electrical mentioned above if it recurs.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Hspeed44
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same exact thing happens to me when I bought my Z06. I bought it used and the previous owner said it had been sitting for awhile. I spent a lot $ and time just to find out it need a battery. Has not don't it again.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Hspeed44
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did upgrade the cranking amp to most I could find. I forge the amount but I think it is 800ish

Get notified of new replies

To Service message on ZO 6

Quick Reply: Service message on ZO 6