C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before dyno tuning????????

Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Before dyno tuning????????

Hello. I just installed long tube headers and high flow cats in my 2005 C6 base coupe. I also have it tuned to 93 octane with my Diablosport intune. I am going to install a performance camshaft after snow starts falling here in NY state. My question is should I put the original tune back in until I install the cam and get a full tune. I do not want to burn out the cats in the mean time. Thank you

Last edited by dentalfloss; 11-29-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by dentalfloss
Hello. I just installed long tube headers and high flow cats in my 2005 C6 base coupe. I also have it tuned to 98 octane with my Diablosport intune. I am going to install a performance camshaft after snow starts falling here in NY state. My question is should I put the original tune back in until I install the cam and get a full tune. I do not want to burn out the cats in the mean time. Thank you
LT's make the engine run RICHER at WOT--So if you are going to install a cam best would be to wait till you have this set of mods done so you won't have to do it twice---
My opinion is that run it stock or tuned and see where it runs best for now and you're not getting any codes----however after the cam installation and with Lt's chances are you will have outgrown the boundries of the Diablo and will have to get a full tune with HP or EFILIVE---If you are after the most HP and best drivability--I don't think the Diablo will address enough of the proper tables to fix all the issues----
With hi flo cats sometimes you need to delete the COT system and all the rear 02 reporting as you'll get false codes---Too many codes and the car will go into power reduction mode-----
Old 11-29-2014, 07:35 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Performance cam in

Originally Posted by tblu92
LT's make the engine run RICHER at WOT--So if you are going to install a cam best would be to wait till you have this set of mods done so you won't have to do it twice---
My opinion is that run it stock or tuned and see where it runs best for now and you're not getting any codes----however after the cam installation and with Lt's chances are you will have outgrown the boundries of the Diablo and will have to get a full tune with HP or EFILIVE---If you are after the most HP and best drivability--I don't think the Diablo will address enough of the proper tables to fix all the issues----
With hi flo cats sometimes you need to delete the COT system and all the rear 02 reporting as you'll get false codes---Too many codes and the car will go into power reduction mode-----
Thank you.. I just finished the cam install, Streetsweeper 220/596-224/590 so now I'm ready for a tune. Monday I will start calling around for service and pricing, I will probably end up in Jersey some where.

Get notified of new replies

To Before dyno tuning????????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Before dyno tuning????????