C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo intune incident

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Diablo intune incident

I bought a Diablosport intune for my 2005 base coupe. I installed the 93 octane program. With the program I changed coolant fan %'s, 25%,50, 75, 95----------------. I disconnected the battery for a cam install. I took my time with the installation ( 3 weeks ) and had a problem getting a new balancer which held me up. Anyway, after starting the engine and letting it warm up inside my garage, I noticed the coolant temp going high and the radiator fan not coming on. I plugged in the intune only to find the program was not there, hence the fan not coming on earlier like I'm used to. I reprogramed the intune along with fan % setting and all is fine. I am wondering why I lost the tune??
Old 12-09-2014, 10:43 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dentalfloss
I bought a Diablosport intune for my 2005 base coupe. I installed the 93 octane program. With the program I changed coolant fan %'s, 25%,50, 75, 95----------------. I disconnected the battery for a cam install. I took my time with the installation ( 3 weeks ) and had a problem getting a new balancer which held me up. Anyway, after starting the engine and letting it warm up inside my garage, I noticed the coolant temp going high and the radiator fan not coming on. I plugged in the intune only to find the program was not there, hence the fan not coming on earlier like I'm used to. I reprogramed the intune along with fan % setting and all is fine. I am wondering why I lost the tune??
Did you disconnect the battery with the intune plugged in to the OBD2 connection? If you did and the tool was not finished doing the fan changes that might have had something to do with it. I would call diablosports and talk to there tech department they will know
Old 12-09-2014, 04:53 PM
dentalfloss
Racer

Originally Posted by jyounger74
Did you disconnect the battery with the intune plugged in to the OBD2 connection? If you did and the tool was not finished doing the fan changes that might have had something to do with it. I would call diablosports and talk to there tech department they will know
Hello and thank you for your response. I am surprised you asked that question. Who would plug their intune into the OBD connection and then disconnect their battery. So no, I did not do that. The intune was installed months ago and worked fine until my 3 weeks battery disconnect. I would have expected Diablosport to respond as he watches this forum. So what I am saying to others is, this could happen to you. Lets say you have installed a intune progam and then disconnected the battery as I did, you should check afterwards that it is still there. The only way I new it was not is because of the present fan % I installed with the tune was not present which alerted me to something was wrong.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Was the tool still married (it didnt read a new backup file) when you reloaded the tune the 2nd time?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 08:33 PM
dentalfloss
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Was the tool still married (it didnt read a new backup file) when you reloaded the tune the 2nd time?

Thanks
Mike, When I originally loaded the 93octane tune months ago I also loaded fan % with it and my coolant never went over 203* because the fans would run and I could hear it. After the cam install the coolant temp went to 212* and the fan was not running for sure because I put my hand behind it. It did this after 3 start ups. I then plugged in the intune and went to fan % setting and saw my previous fan settings were not there. You are correct that when I reprogramed the 93 octane and fan setting it did not read a backup. So maybe it just lost the fan setting for some reason?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Tough to say man, I have not seen this happen, but if its all working properly now, just keep an eye on it.

The tune in the PCM cant change on its own, so its really tough to say what happened here.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo intune incident

Quick Reply: Diablo intune incident