C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can I expect from a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:21 AM
FlMuPhi198
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I expect from a tune?

I have a 05 base 6mt and was wondering what I can really expect from a tune? Does it really add enough power to be worth the money? Is any brand leaps and bounds better?

I had a diablosport for my Mustang and the power it added wasn't noticeable but it was and auto and really helped the shifting.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

We see gains of about 20 rwhp on the LS2 Vettes with 93 octane fuel.
We'll also kill the skip shift, and improve overall performance
Old 12-19-2014, 01:55 PM
FlMuPhi198
Heel & Toe

Is there a 91 tune for California users?
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FlMuPhi198
Old 12-20-2014, 09:33 AM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what I noticed with the Intune 93 octane tune. Way more throttle response which to me made it worth the tune right there. There is an increase in power but just a little. Then I sent 06MonteSS here on the forum via email my data from my car and he sent back a tune that really woke the car up. I still lack one phase of the tuning with MonteSS but due to bad weather have not completed yet. Another thing I liked was that I didn't have to take my car anywhere and left it completely stock.
Like russ472 below, I purchased my Intune from MonteSS to get the discounted tune

Last edited by biker1059; 12-20-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:27 AM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I will second what biker1059 said.

I was a bit doubtful myself. I figured it wouldnt make that much difference, but there was a lot of positive feedback on this forum. I contacted MonteSS and had a response within an hour.

Decided to purchase from MonteSS and paid the extra for custom tuning.

I really dont know how much HP I gained, but turning off the torque management and the tune made a HUGE difference with the seat of the pants driving. I added long tube headers and it made it even better.

I am in the same boat as Biker1059. I still need to get my Wide Open Throttle log, so MonteSS can finalize my tune. Weather and traffic has deemed it a bit unsafe so far.

With the support MonteSS and Mike@diablosport does on the board, I dont think you can go wrong for the money.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes a real tune always benefits the car in more ways than any handheld can---Beyond simple timing and fuel there are at least 5 GM programs that limit TQ and timing thru out the entire RPM range---Most handhelds do not address ALL of them---Plus if you ever have any planned future mods--Most tuners will discount a re-tune when you do them--
It's not simply about making the most power at WOT----It's about allowing the engine to make " all the power it can " all the time--without any limits or reductions !! that's huge especially at P/T or mid range below 4000 RPM's -- where the TQ is always being limited--Sometimes as much as 50 RWHP !!!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FlMuPhi198
Originally Posted by tennblkc6
Yes, there is
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by russ472
I will second what biker1059 said.

I was a bit doubtful myself. I figured it wouldnt make that much difference, but there was a lot of positive feedback on this forum. I contacted MonteSS and had a response within an hour.

Decided to purchase from MonteSS and paid the extra for custom tuning.

I really dont know how much HP I gained, but turning off the torque management and the tune made a HUGE difference with the seat of the pants driving. I added long tube headers and it made it even better.

I am in the same boat as Biker1059. I still need to get my Wide Open Throttle log, so MonteSS can finalize my tune. Weather and traffic has deemed it a bit unsafe so far.

With the support MonteSS and Mike@diablosport does on the board, I dont think you can go wrong for the money.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Brians1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Im in the same exact boat as the original poster..I have an 05 6-speed Z51....where do we start? whats the costs, etc? Mine sits in the garage M-F...she gets a good sat morning run and soon will get some track time
Old 01-06-2015, 02:38 AM
joerose
Heel & Toe

Default How to unleash to power ???

I have a 2010 LS3 that has just run out of warranty . I have had the car into the Dealer on more than one occasion . My complaint is that I am not satisfied with the throttle response ? I also feel that when using the paddle shifting it take a long time to shift ??? On my last visit to the dealer they say they found an injector out of spec which was replaced along with the spark plug? It seamed a little better but I am less then satisfied. Has any one else experienced this ?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:37 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Brians1
Im in the same exact boat as the original poster..I have an 05 6-speed Z51....where do we start? whats the costs, etc? Mine sits in the garage M-F...she gets a good sat morning run and soon will get some track time
I sell the inTune and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

if you send me your email address, I can email you more info, about the custom tuning, the process, etc...

thanks!
-Lew
Old 01-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Brians1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I sell the inTune and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

if you send me your email address, I can email you more info, about the custom tuning, the process, etc...

thanks!
-Lew
Thanks Lew I'll send you a PM with my email

Get notified of new replies

To What can I expect from a tune?

Quick Reply: What can I expect from a tune?