C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide-band Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 10:01 AM
04goatman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wide-band Stock Exhaust

Question:
I have a stock base 08 corvette with no mods to the exhaust. Do I have room to add a wide-band to this stock exhaust before the Cats?
Does anyone have any pictures of this type of setup?

Explanation:
I just picked up HP Tuners and I am learning how to use it. I want to add a wide-band for more accurate tuning. I have heard and read that you need to add the wide-band O2 bung before the Cats to have a more accurate reading.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 09:50 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 04goatman
Question:
I have a stock base 08 corvette with no mods to the exhaust. Do I have room to add a wide-band to this stock exhaust before the Cats?
Does anyone have any pictures of this type of setup?

Explanation:
I just picked up HP Tuners and I am learning how to use it. I want to add a wide-band for more accurate tuning. I have heard and read that you need to add the wide-band O2 bung before the Cats to have a more accurate reading.

Thanks
Many wideband controllers have a narrowband output (in addition to the one that goes to the HP Tuners interface). Most with this feature will mention having 2 analog outputs in their descriptions.

With this you can just replace one of your stock O2 sensors with the wideband one.. then connect the wideband sensor to the controller, then connect one of the outputs from the controller to where the original O2 sensor connected. I chopped the connector off of the old original O2 sensor and connected the output of the controller to that.. that way if I ever need to put a regular 'ol O2 sensor back in, it can be done in a few minutes easy as no wires are cut.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 PM
RecMech
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 148 Posts

I welded mine here on the drivers side. Seemed to work good for the one summer I had stock exhaust.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:53 AM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Yes, totally enough room to weld in a bung into the stock exhaust. I had bung welded exactly where RecMech depicted, on the flat spot just upstream of the cat. Be sure to install on the drivers side.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Definitely the room to put it somewhere. I like RecMech's location.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:45 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by C6z06man
Definitely the room to put it somewhere. I like RecMech's location.
I do too.

Has anyone ever installed one on both banks to see what differences there were, bank to bank?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:35 AM
04goatman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks All ! I'm pretty excited about this HP tuners & Wideband, hopefully the spring will come soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Wide-band Stock Exhaust

Quick Reply: Wide-band Stock Exhaust