C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck Cow tune Story ,problems and corrections,

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Chuck Cow tune Story ,problems and corrections,

I bought my 2008 corvette and installed the Viraram wedge.The wedge was a great performance investment.
The car ran from the 12.50 to 12.40's .I was on the corvette form and noticed a Cow tune was a way to get better performance out of my vette.I looked into other options but the Cow tune seemed to be the one to go with.I had seen the good and the bad words and the attacks on a small business owner Chuck Cow ,being a small business owner myself I had to discount alot of the words knowing what people will do to a small busness today to get their way.
I purchased the Cow Tune complete with all the trimmings,being in Hawaii and not trusting any mechanical shop on the island I had to trust someone so I chose Chuck.
Over the past few years Chuck and I have had moments of visitudes!
Now down to the brass tax.The tune was great and now the paddle shifters worked.I won the first race at our 1/4 mile track with Chucks tune and was very happy.the car went from the 12.40's to the 12.30 and was consistant.
I was tuning the car with the Efi live Chuck sent me and the car hit the 2-3 shift and went off the road.The next month I went to the drags and the car was not as fast and the engine would not idle right it would go from 500 to 600 rpm's at idle .I called Chuck and had a disagreement and he sent me more tunes over the next few mths.
Long story short I had sucked the gasket behind the throttle body that Virarm had made and it was very flimzy,I made my own gasket and the car was a bunch better but not like it was in the beginning with Chucks first tune.I though maybe I would spring for a Viraram CAI which I bought from Chuck and had it shiped to Hawaii.I installed the cai and the car ran faster but not like I though it should so. I installed the stock air system back on the car and it ran better.Now here about 9 mths later, I saw on the corvette form that the c6 was having a fuel pump problem.I had been smelling gas for the last 11k miles but did not know what it was ,once in a while it would throw a check engine light but the code would be a po175.Fuel code.When I would exit the car, I would smell fuel but, I discounted it.Last week I had the fuel pump replaced and the car runs like it did when Chuck first tuned it .
I installed the Viraram intake back on the car last night and on the way home I stomped on it and layed down lots of rubber.Chuck Cow kept telling me something else was wrong with the car but I couldn't find it ,but as usual Chuck you were right
I can say one thing with the Viraram back on the car and the Viraram wedge this car had picked up alot of power and on feb 21 I will take it to the drags again to see how much power it has back in the car.With Chucks tune just last year, I did take 3 runner ups and I can't complain about his work his tune or him sticking with me through this whole ordeal, which has been for years believe it or not!!cudo to Chuck Cow and Danny for sticking with me over the years
I would have to say I WOULD NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THE OTHER TUNERS SAY ABOUT HIS TUNES OR HIS SHOP !Chuck Cow and Danny are the best and I have never met them.I could have never got this kinda of service from anyone else.If anyone in Hawaii or anywhere else has any doubts about Chuck or Danny just give me a call. I have an 800 number and I would be glad to help Chuck or Danny out at any time.Free scuba dives and snorkel boats for the both of you if you ever come to Maui
THANKS TO CORVETTS OF WESTCHESTER!

Last edited by REDC4CORVETTE; 02-01-2015 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Chokeu
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by REDC4CORVETTE
I bought my 2008 corvette and installed the Viraram wedge.The wedge was a great performance investment.
The car ran from the 12.50 to 12.40's .I was on the corvette form and noticed a Cow tune was a way to get better performance out of my vette.I looked into other options but the Cow tune seemed to be the one to go with.I had seen the good and the bad words and the attacks on a small business owner Chuck Cow ,being a small business owner myself I had to discount alot of the words knowing what people will do to a small busness today to get their way.
I purchased the Cow Tune complete with all the trimmings,being in Hawaii and not trusting any mechanical shop on the island I had to trust someone so I chose Chuck.
Over the past few years Chuck and I have had moments of visitudes!
Now down to the brass tax.The tune was great and now the paddle shifters worked.I won the first race at our 1/4 mile track with Chucks tune and was very happy.the car went from the 12.40's to the 12.30 and was consistant.
I was tuning the car with the Efi live Chuck sent me and the car hit the 2-3 shift and went off the road.The next month I went to the drags and the car was not as fast and the engine would not idle right it would go from 500 to 600 rpm's at idle .I called Chuck and had a disagreement and he sent me more tunes over the next few mths.
Long story short I had sucked the gasket behind the throttle body that Viram had made and it was very flimzy,I made my own gasket and the car was a bunch better but not like it was in the beginning with Chucks first tune.I though maybe I would spring for a Viraram CAI which I bought from Chuck and had it shiped to Hawaii.I installed the cai and the car ran faster but not like I though it should so I installed the stock air system back on the car and it ran better.Now here about 9 mths later I saw on the corvette form that the c6 was having a fuel pump problem.I had been smelling gas for the last 11k miles but did not know what it was ,once in a while it would throw a check engine light but the code would be a po175.Fuel code.When I would exit the car I would smell fuel but I discounted it.Last week I had the fuel pump replaced and the car runs like it did when Chuck first tuned it .
I installed the Viram intake back on the car last night and on the way home I stomped on it and layed down lots of rubber.Chuck Cow kept telling me something else was wrong with the car but I couldn't find it ,but as usual Chuck you were right
I can say one thing with the Viraram back on the car and the Viraram wedge this car had picked up alot of power and on feb 21 I will take it to the drags again to see how much power it has back in the car.With Chucks tune just last year I did take 3 runner ups and I can't complain about his work his tune or him sticking with me through this whole ordeal which has been for years believe it or not!!cudo to Chuck Cow and Danny for sticking with me over the years
I would have to say I WOULD NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THE OTHER TUNERS SAY ABOUT HIS TUNES OR HIS SHOP !Chuck Cow and Danny are the best and I have never met them.I could have never got this kinda of service from anyone else.If anyone in Hawaii or anywhere else has any doubts about Chuck or Danny just give me a call I have an 800 number and I would be glad to help Chuck or Danny out at any time.Free scuba dives and snorkel boats for the both of you if you ever come to Maui
THANKS TO CORVETTS OF WESTCHESTER!
Cool story!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

My experience with Chuck and Danny are nothing but the best always as well...I will always support them, second to none in my book...
Old 03-06-2015, 01:52 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you my friends!

Thank you my friends!

Hey John... From the looks of your datalog, you should be right back in the saddle again!

Send over another log and if it's good, we'll play with the trans to try and get your 1/4 mile times even lower.

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 03-06-2015, 04:20 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Just loaded in the new taco bell tune.I will drive it tomorrow.
The rain still hasn't let up.The car is like it was back years ago .It feels like the power is back again.I guess the leaking fuel pump that was cracked along the top like the others here on the form make a big difference with the tune,the leaking fuel pump leans out the engine and Chuck would richen it up to compensate and the new nonleaking pump after being replaced made it realy rich and a bucking bronk when coming up to a stop light.Now when I stomp on the gas the car screams.Everyone remember I have been having problems for years.
I would get mad at Chuck and he at me and the pump was the problem.If you are trying to tune a car make sure you don't smell any fuel at anytime or the efforts will be in vane.The smell was when I would get out of the car but later I would smell the fuel more and more filling it up or just driving the car,the bad part is the fuel pours on the side of the tank and then on to the exaust.I know now that any fuel smell with these cars you can be sure you have a cracked pump. The pump will run and blow fuel on the side of the tank and exaust,when you shut down the car the fuel leak stops. The fuel mileage will suffer which I never check. I just figured these cars eat alot of fuel.Thanks Chuck and Danny for puting up with me over these last few years and not even charging me a dime when it was not your problem.Anyone have a problem with Chuck or Danny's tunes or work would have to go through me first, if they want to make trouble for them!! The rain is still the same but I hope we can finish this tuning before the races on the 21 ,if I make this time.Pump replaced first race of the year and second race of the year shifter cable broke, so now I will try for the 3rd points race of the year.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:04 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Chuck Cow tune does make a differance the real results are in

Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Nice!

Chuck Cow tune does make a differance the real results are in

VERY GOOD my boy! Did I win a FREE SCUBA ADVENTURE in MAUI???

Chuck CoW
Old 03-23-2015, 07:39 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

You won more than that !
I lost in the semi finals last night but I was low qualifier so I got the bye run and that is when I ran it out the back for the 12:12.
I dialed 12:19 and ran the 12:19 but I cut a 6.10 light against the other guy Matt S 5.80 light he dialed 12:55 and ran a 12:57
The car is a monster again Thanks a ton MR Chuck!
Your the best and the way you hang in there with us that are having car problems and still tuning for us when you are not even making a dime on it is worldly of you!
Chuck has hung in their with me since 2013 what car person have you ever seen do that for you.
I sent you some logs but I forgot to let you know the first 3 are in D and all the others are in S. Thanks again Chuck be talking to you soon .
Just so everyone knows I am in Hawaii and I do mail scan tunes to Chuck so everyone cut the carp out their and get real!
I forgot to mention the da was 2400 ft and the temp was 78 deg.

Last edited by REDC4CORVETTE; 03-23-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:17 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default That's a great time for basically a stock with a VARARAM!

You won more than that !
I lost in the semi finals last night but I was low qualifier so I got the bye run and that is when I ran it out the back for the 12:12.
I dialed 12:19 and ran the 12:19 but I cut a 6.10 light against the other guy Matt S 5.80 light he dialed 12:55 and ran a 12:57
The car is a monster again Thanks a ton MR Chuck!
Your the best and the way you hang in there with us that are having car problems and still tuning for us when you are not even making a dime on it is worldly of you!
Chuck has hung in their with me since 2013 what car person have you ever seen do that for you.
I sent you some logs but I forgot to let you know the first 3 are in D and all the others are in S. Thanks again Chuck be talking to you soon .
Just so everyone knows I am in Hawaii and I do mail scan tunes to Chuck so everyone cut the carp out their and get real!
I forgot to mention the da was 2400 ft and the temp was 78 deg.
That's a great time for basically a stock with a VARARAM!

I've got some more ideas for you. I'll check the latest log and send you a new engine and TRANS tune to

make it even faster!

Chuck CoW
Old 03-25-2015, 08:42 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

You can make it faster?
Sounds good to me A 9 second pass would be great . Expect to hear from ya soon Chuck. By the way all the other tuners said It can't go any faster than a 12.50. I guess they were wrong
Thanks for hanging In their with me CHUCK COW.

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck Cow tune Story ,problems and corrections,

Quick Reply: Chuck Cow tune Story ,problems and corrections,