C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: GPS Wont Work - Nav Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: GPS Wont Work - Nav Issue

Installed Nav in my car (OEM) a few weeks back.....My GPS, since I installed it a few weeks ago, has had a red line through it.
I bought the GM Antenna brand new, and have it mounted on top of the passenger ac duct.

Other than that, the Nav unit is functioning perfectly. I have tried to remove the fuse....no luck.

I hit the restore factory defaults button under nav setup - no luck.

The below part came with the nav unit when I bought it used, but Im not sure what it is?

Any hints on how to fix the gps, and what that part is?

Old 02-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

help!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:22 PM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Geared
Installed Nav in my car (OEM) a few weeks back.....My GPS, since I installed it a few weeks ago, has had a red line through it.
I bought the GM Antenna brand new, and have it mounted on top of the passenger ac duct.

Other than that, the Nav unit is functioning perfectly. I have tried to remove the fuse....no luck.

I hit the restore factory defaults button under nav setup - no luck.

The below part came with the nav unit when I bought it used, but Im not sure what it is?

Any hints on how to fix the gps, and what that part is?

The partial harness in the photo above is part of the OEM harness for a GM PAL. It's pretty useless to you as is.

Regarding the Nav unit, I'm guessing you might need some time for it to find your location. Make sure you're in the correct region, then drive around for 30-60 minutes or so in a clear area and see if you get your GPS to work. I'll assume you plugged in the GPS antenna to the radio.

You can email me at ray@kawal.net for more information, but I'll need to know your year of Vette, what level (1LT, 3LT, etc.) trim you have. Do you have Bose, and if not, did you install the VSS (vehicle speed sensor wire) to the 12 pin connector? What Nav radio do you have and what year did it come from? Did you have a Tech 2 to erase the old VIN number so Theftlock doesn't come up?

Ray
Old 02-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

thanks kawal...i will try that today. I pulled the antenna out from where i placed it, and put it on the dash....maybe it was bad placement? im going to give it a try.,...
Old 02-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Fixed, the spot i had it mounted was not getting signal...new spot - perfect! thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To RE: GPS Wont Work - Nav Issue

Quick Reply: RE: GPS Wont Work - Nav Issue