C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InTune Question concerning installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:44 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Default InTune Question concerning installation

I have an InTune on order from DiabLew. I've read the user's manual and have a question concerning the installation process. The manual states to turn the car to the ON position, but not start the car in order to do the install. I have a 2008 base coupe so my On position is going into the ACCESSORY MODE ON function on the Start push button switch. According to the Corvette's owner manual, the car will be in the ON mode for about 10 minutes and the go into the RAP mode for about 10 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes or so. Whereas, I have gone into the ACCESSORY MODE ON before, I have never stayed there for the 20 minutes or so to see if the car shutoff.

So my question is whether is this 20 minutes long enough to fully go through the InTune install process or is there a way to stay in the accessory mode for longer than 20 minutes.

Thanks,
Pat
Old 02-25-2015, 01:59 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Lew stated that the install will be fine with the time limits of the car.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Well you will want "ON" not "ACC". I've never left mine with it ON and not running. However flashing your base map only takes a few minutes. So you shouldnt worry.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:19 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

How do you place the car in the ON condition?

The owners manual only describes two things concerning the Ignition Positions: Start and Acc (Off/Accessory), which is what I was describing in post #1.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:42 AM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have tuned mine a few times now (most recently using one of DiabLew's tunes less than a week ago) and have always used ACC mode. It's the only way I have done it.

Here is another tidbit for you......if you are using one of Diablew's custom tunes. When I did my first data logging for Lew I logged for 5 minutes. It took the InTune longer than that to write the log file to the device. I kept thinking something was wrong but everything was working, it's just that the InTune was slow writing. So don't let that freak you out if it takes a little while to write the log file.

The process is simple and pain-free. Plus, I have never EVER seen anyone as quick to respond and as helpful as DiabLew. So if you have questions or problems he will most definitely NOT leave you hanging. He is a treat to work with!

I hope that helps!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:49 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info on the slow writing aspect. I emailed Lew several times with questions and he has always responded within 5 minutes. He must be joined at the hip with his computer/phone.

When you emailed your files to him, did you have to zip them?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

You should always be engaging RUN mode, push/HOLD the button for 8-10 seconds to get to RUN mode, same for any key cycle requests.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Is this one of the C6 tricks? I don't see anything in the owner's manual about doing this.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Patdown
Is this one of the C6 tricks? I don't see anything in the owner's manual about doing this.
Most all GM push start vehicles are like this...from my ATS to the last C7 I was in.
I had shared this info on our forum, back in 2007:
http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...hp?f=26&t=2508

Thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 06:21 PM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patdown
Thanks for the info on the slow writing aspect. I emailed Lew several times with questions and he has always responded within 5 minutes. He must be joined at the hip with his computer/phone.

When you emailed your files to him, did you have to zip them?
No I didn't have to zip them. They weren't very big files at all. I think my 5 minute data logging file was the largest at a whopping 1.4mb..... it might've even fit on a floppy....

Listen to Mike when it comes to Run vs ACC...he knows better than I do....this stuff is his job
Now I am second guessing myself.....maybe I did have it in Run mode.....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:15 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Mike,
Once you do the run mode, is there a time limit or does it just stay there until you shut the car off?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

you actually put the car in run mode so there's little chance to interrupt the flashing. you will need to turn it off after you are finished.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Exactly
Old 02-26-2015, 10:15 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Thanks, guys.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yeah, the file sizes are not big at all, no reason to zip them up first before sending them to me...

no worries..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Got my inTune from UPS yesterday around 4 PM. By 4:45, I had gone through the updating and registration process. By 5:15, I had installed the Diablo (93) and firm shift tune in my 2008 A6 base coupe. At 5:30, I was on the road for my first drive. I could tell as soon as I started the car, the throttle response was better.

As I pulled out of my driveway and accelerated, the car felt different, in a good way. As I got out of the neighbor and the car up to temp, I got on it a bit. The A6 definitely shifted better. The throttle response was more like what I envisioned a Corvette would have.

I was excited when I took the car for a test drive before my purchase. As I drove it more after I bought it, I found I was really disappointed in how sluggish the car was unless you really nailed it.

But after I put this tune in, the car is really came alive. Not only is the throttle response better, the performance aspect of it feels a lot stronger, SOTP wise. I dropped the A6 into S mode and hit the down paddle shift a couple of times and then started playing with up shifting and down shifting with the paddles. While the shifts were OK before, they were a little slow from what I had had anticipated after reading about how the 2008's shifting was improved over previous years, the shifts now seemed quicker and firmer. Obviously not an F1 style shift, but you guys know what I mean.

Thus far I am very satisfied with the purchase of the inTune. I bought DiabLew's package deal. So today, my plan is to get 150 miles on the car in the beautiful Texas hill country, do the data logging process and send the files back to Lew so that he can do his thing. From what I have read from others, his tunes really wake the car up. If it further improves the performance, I will truly be a happy camper. I really don't see how the gas mileage can improve when it is just so much fun to press on that accelerator.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Glad to hear this, and thanks for sharing your feedback!

Get notified of new replies

To InTune Question concerning installation

Quick Reply: InTune Question concerning installation