C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuners and wideband questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Jstringer14
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp tuners and wideband questions

So I have a few basic questions. I have a set of long tube headers for my LS2 car. The xpipe is catted so putting the wideband down stream isnt going to happen. Id rather not simulate the narrowbands as Ive always liked having an extra set of eyes on the fueling. My question is fairly simple. How close to the narrow band bung is everyone putting the wide band bung? Is it simple enough to just move it down a little bit from it and weld it in? Ive attached a picture of the header ill be using. Is there a need to install an extra bung in both headers as well? Bank to bank shouldnt be terrible, but everything is off the car so now is the time to do it.

Ill most likely be purchasing hp tuners. Ive read a few posts that say you can route the wb signal into the ecu through the egr pin? Is this true? On the car I had before I was able to do this using the tuning program it had. This sounds like it would save me from having to buy the pro package.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Jstringer14
Heel & Toe

Well I didnt get a response so I just installed one where I thought it should go. Ill be doing the other header tonight. Anyone on the egr pin as the channel for the wb?

Old 03-06-2015, 09:34 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The most important thing on your WB is to have it pre-cat rather than post cat
And to try and install the bung above the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions to avoid moisture fouling when starting
Where you have it is fine--It should be a very accurate reading for your wideband
HOWEVER Not for your narrowband !!!! The stock narrow band location can be from 2-3 feet further closer than where they are with your LT's----
This makes your narrowband not to heat up correctly and give erroneous readings of your 02's during P/T----Always is richer than stock--My car went from the stoich of 14.68 to a richer 14.2 at P/T---You can try to correct this with tuning but there is NO 100% fix
That's why LT's are illegal like in Calif because of the added fueling and added HC's
Old 03-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Jstringer14
Heel & Toe

Ill have to keep an eye on it once everything goes together. My concern on the wb location was room. I was just making sure that it would clear everything. It should be fine from what I can tell. I also put a bung on the other header as well.

Get notified of new replies

To hp tuners and wideband questions

Quick Reply: hp tuners and wideband questions