C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck Cow Booster & Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by secrt0007agt
Thanks, actually let up momentarily cuz I guess I was startled it finally hooked up pretty good. I have not been running S mode, just put in D and go.

There have been a number of things done to the GS;

Brian Crower Pro Series H-Beam Connecting Rods
Wiseco LS3/L92 Forged Pistons
Stock/Ported Heads
APR Main Stud Kit
Clevite Coated H-Series Rod Bearings
ZR1 Head Gaskets
APR Head Bolts
Blower Cam
Brian Tooley Valve Springs
Comp Push Rods
Meiling Oil Pump
Custom Crank Case Breather Kit/Tank
1 7/8’s KOOKS Headers and X Pipe
Modified Stock Dual Mode Mufflers
3200 Convertor
Ported Throttle Body
Cold Air Intake
Dewitt’s Double Core Radiator
Dual Spal Fans
160 Degree Thermostat
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump and Pump Speed Controller
95 lb. Fuel Injectors
345 30 19 Nitto NT05r's
Tuned by Chuck of course

Not much that can keep at a 20 mph roll, recent examples......GT500, GTR, Shelby, Vettes......the GS has awesome take off power rolling.
That's the perfect candidate for a blower, if there ever was one!
Of course, you would need a much better hooking tire than the Nitto then.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by CI GS
That's the perfect candidate for a blower, if there ever was one!
Of course, you would need a much better hooking tire than the Nitto then.
I am sorry, I forgot the most important mod; 2.9 Whipple
Old 04-22-2015, 01:29 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

I am sorry, I forgot the most important mod; 2.9 Whipple

Now it makes sense, yes!
So, you can now revise my comment above, to wit:
That's the perfect candidate for a set of 17" Hoosier Drag radials!!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

Now it makes sense, yes!
So, you can now revise my comment above, to wit:
That's the perfect candidate for a set of 17" Hoosier Drag radials!!
How does that work, going from 19's to 17's? I had some problems changing wheels before on one of my other Vettes.....with Active Handling. Where do you find 17" wheels? Thanks
Old 04-22-2015, 03:30 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

How does that work, going from 19's to 17's? I had some problems changing wheels before on one of my other Vettes.....with Active Handling. Where do you find 17" wheels? Thanks
Do a search on these forums. There's tons of discussion about which tire hooks best and what the height differential limit is before setting off the service AH alarm.
The consensus seems to be that the Hoosier 17" radial hooks best. There are guys on here that run that on an older Z06 wheel or something similar with skinnies in the front and are trapping 1.2x 60' times.
Us GS guys are limited to very few drag radial options if we stick with the stock 19" wheel.
With that Whipple and a 3200 stall speed converter you need all the tire you can get. The reason for the 17" is that with drag racing, the more sidewall the better. Most people think that's because you have more "cushion" on the launch from the taller sidewall, but it's more about increasing the "length" of your footprint. Remember that just like wider tires tend to produce better lateral Gs because of the wider footprint, with drag racing, a longer footprint tends to produce better forward traction. When you have more sidewall, the tire can "crush" better, thereby lengthening the footprint.
But you do need to figure out how to avoid the dreaded Service Actuve Handling message on the DIC. So search around on here. There's scads of discussion about it.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:35 PM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

Do a search on these forums. There's tons of discussion about which tire hooks best and what the height differential limit is before setting off the service AH alarm.
The consensus seems to be that the Hoosier 17" radial hooks best. There are guys on here that run that on an older Z06 wheel or something similar with skinnies in the front and are trapping 1.2x 60' times.
Us GS guys are limited to very few drag radial options if we stick with the stock 19" wheel.
With that Whipple and a 3200 stall speed converter you need all the tire you can get. The reason for the 17" is that with drag racing, the more sidewall the better. Most people think that's because you have more "cushion" on the launch from the taller sidewall, but it's more about increasing the "length" of your footprint. Remember that just like wider tires tend to produce better lateral Gs because of the wider footprint, with drag racing, a longer footprint tends to produce better forward traction. When you have more sidewall, the tire can "crush" better, thereby lengthening the footprint.
But you do need to figure out how to avoid the dreaded Service Actuve Handling message on the DIC. So search around on here. There's scads of discussion about it.
Hey thanks for the good info.....I will keep you posted.

Last edited by secrt0007agt; 04-28-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:41 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Hey thanks for the good info.....I will keep you posted.
No probelm. For now, I would suggest that you experiment with different launch RPMs to see what effect that has on your 60' and ET!

Quick Reply: Chuck Cow Booster & Tune