C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed for engine light

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:33 PM
ozborcek
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed for engine light

My 2010 gs (13k miles) has check engine light on. Today i brought it to the dealer, the codes are p0420 p0430 I was assuming it was the cats. Found out that it has stainless steel headers straight pipes all the way. The dealer said it looks gorgeous and has a lot of hp but the engine light will stay on forever unless I go back stock. Any idea how can I get the engine light off and keep the performance setup?
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

you'd need to get it tuned and can get the codes disabled in the tune...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Yep need a tune so they can turn off the cat codes.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 PM
ozborcek
Advanced

So i finally got the diablo trinity tuner after updating it I installed it to my vette. Fist I looked at the engine codes and it had 3. P0300 P0420 P0430, the gm dealer said they were due to headers with no cats and rear O2 sensors but p0300 threw me off, is that normal?
I did not select to clear the codes but installed the Diablo tuner. It backed up the original setup first and than installed the tuner. After the installation the engine light was off and when I checked the codes on the tuner it showed nothing.
I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and not ignoring a problem!

I emailed the Diablo support and told them my gs has butterfly valves, kooks long tube straight pipes no cats, has auto couture rims 285-25-20 invo tires front, 345-25-20 invo tires rear and asked for a custom tune.

I just want to know if that p0300 code is normal because of the setup.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
zo6style
Instructor

Originally Posted by ozborcek
So i finally got the diablo trinity tuner after updating it I installed it to my vette. Fist I looked at the engine codes and it had 3. P0300 P0420 P0430, the gm dealer said they were due to headers with no cats and rear O2 sensors but p0300 threw me off, is that normal?
I did not select to clear the codes but installed the Diablo tuner. It backed up the original setup first and than installed the tuner. After the installation the engine light was off and when I checked the codes on the tuner it showed nothing.
I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and not ignoring a problem!

I emailed the Diablo support and told them my gs has butterfly valves, kooks long tube straight pipes no cats, has auto couture rims 285-25-20 invo tires front, 345-25-20 invo tires rear and asked for a custom tune.

I just want to know if that p0300 code is normal because of the setup.
I have same setup on ZO6 (kooks w/o cats). Trust me....get it tuned! Get it tuned! Get it tuned!
There is so much that can go wrong when changing headers/pipes..it will be the best $500 you ever invested.
MPT in Central Florida did my car...those guys are awesome. ...they actually tune racecars...Ford and Chevy ...here is my tune.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:17 PM
ozborcek
Advanced

Thanks for the advice I will get it tuned. Btw your z06 looks awesome.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:32 PM
zo6style
Instructor

Originally Posted by ozborcek
Thanks for the advice I will get it tuned. Btw your z06 looks awesome.
Thank You.
Wise choice you'll never regret.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Slammin07
Instructor

As pretty much everyone has stated, you need a tune. The P030X code denotes a misfire. The other two are catalyst efficiency codes. Since there aren't any cats there, your car thinks they're broken. Any tuner can set the codes to read normal using efi live or hp tuners and the light should stay off. However, when installing long tubes you greatly increase the rate of airflow and in turn lean out the air fuel mixture of the motor. If the exhaust is the only thing that's been changed, the car should be able to adjust for it and maintain stoichiometry. Keyword should. One of the symptoms of a misfire being a high or low air fuel mixture, you should definitely get a tune to get you back where it needs to be. On the lighter side, the tune should net you a few extra ponies that you'll feel on the drive home.

Get notified of new replies

To Help needed for engine light

Quick Reply: Help needed for engine light