C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sparkplugs for supercharged c6 running flex fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:24 AM
bdickey058
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default sparkplugs for supercharged c6 running flex fuel

Taking the plung and going to start running a flex fuel kit in my 07 supercharged zo6. Now the heat range of e85 has me confused on what spark plugs to run and what gap. Can anyone point me in the right direction? mods are d1, arh, exhaust, titanium valses. msd fuel pump, id1300 injectors.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,141 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by bdickey058
Taking the plung and going to start running a flex fuel kit in my 07 supercharged zo6. Now the heat range of e85 has me confused on what spark plugs to run and what gap. Can anyone point me in the right direction? mods are d1, arh, exhaust, titanium valses. msd fuel pump, id1300 injectors.
Since it's unlikely you are going to run the car hard until you get the calibration right, I'd start with the stock heat range. Use Densos so that would be the IT-20.

Once you get the engine running well enough to try some WOT calibration work, provided it's not starting out way rich, I'd switch to the IT-22. I'd stick with that unless you see clear evidence on the plug tip that it's running too hot. Then I'd go to the IT-24.

Quick Reply: sparkplugs for supercharged c6 running flex fuel