C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!! crank relearn need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:33 AM
bada
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default HELP!!!! crank relearn need help

I have a 2008 ZO6 LS7 motor, in my 1932 ford truck. I went to get it tuned, after a cam install. The tuner said. I needed a crank relearn. But he was unable to do that. It is because. I do not have the brake switch, I think that is what he said. The street rod has, had the harness made for it. And a lot of the features, used on the vettes, are not in my harness any more. The relearn was turned off. I am sure that was done, on the original tune, several years ago. I have talked, to different tuners. Some say the relearn, is not a big deal. And that it was just disabled, so it would not throw misfire codes. Do I really need this function. I have a friend that is a GM tech. Can he use his scanner to force a relearn? It think the tuner said it was a tech 2 scanner. And with that tool a forced relearn could be done.

Thanks in advance, any help would greatly appreciated.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

The main reason for the CP variation learn procedure is driven by the OBD2 diagnostics need for misfire detection.

If neither DTCP0300 or P0315 have been setting or are set, I wouldn't worry about the CP variation learn.

That said, if you want it done, you need both a TECH2 and to be able to fool the ECM into "thinking" the stoplight switch is closed. If you are running the engine controls with a 2008 Z06 ECM, you should be able to ground pin 9 of connector X1 to do that.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! crank relearn need help