C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiabloSport can modify stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:32 PM
brewtoo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DiabloSport can modify stock tune?

Can the DiabloSport inTune modify the stock tune in the car? I want to adjust the fan controls only, not upload a different tune. The inTune manual seems to say that only the Diablo tunes can be modified.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,141 Posts

Yes i think you can.

I have the diablosport trinity and when i backed up my original tune (factory tune), you can then go back in and either modify the stock tune or upload the diablo tune (or 93 tune), 91 octane tune etc.

I currently did this as soon as i got my car. All i did was disabled CAGS. (skip shift) and adjusted my fans.

Can't believe GM's stock fan power levels lol
Old 05-02-2015, 02:13 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

You can change parameters such as fan settings, CAGS, tire size, new axle ratio, etc. without uploading their tune. Or you can just load their TCM tune for A-6s and leave the engine alone. Nice features.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:10 PM
brewtoo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies!

If the car has already been tuned (Callaway SC560), will the inTune download and save the original tune as the "stock" tune?
Old 05-02-2015, 09:38 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Suggested Settings

Lou has aid he can really give my car a whiz bang with his tune. From evrything I have heard, I don'y doubt that for a minue.

But....I don't want to change the performance level of my car. (2006 Base/auto trans)

All I want to do is quicken the shift and make it harder, harder than the 'hard shift' option in the Diablo InTune device.

My question here...does anyone have any suggestions as to the adjustment numbers to put into a custom tune for those wanted items?

The shifting on that original 6 speed auto is pathetic and really want to speed the shifting up and harden it up substantially. I understand that the paddle shifting is not really adjustable. Right or wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Joe
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 AM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by brewtoo
Can the DiabloSport inTune modify the stock tune in the car? I want to adjust the fan controls only, not upload a different tune. The inTune manual seems to say that only the Diablo tunes can be modified.
I believe you can, I saw the option when I was loading mine the other day.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by brewtoo
Thanks for the replies!

If the car has already been tuned (Callaway SC560), will the inTune download and save the original tune as the "stock" tune?
As long as the pcm is not locked, this should work.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:29 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I've used Diablosport tuners on my LS1 Camaro and srt8 300 and they are great handhelds, but if it's only for fan control why not a 3 way manual fan switch that looks factory oem on your dash for 110bux? I have one below and to the side of the steering column. It's great at the track. You can run the fan to cool your car while in line with the car off.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To DiabloSport can modify stock tune?

Quick Reply: DiabloSport can modify stock tune?