C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InTune Shift Adjustment Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default InTune Shift Adjustment Suggestions

Lou has said he can really give my car a whiz bang with his tune. From everything I have heard, I don't doubt that for a minute.

But....I don't want to change the performance level of my car. (2006 Base/auto trans) It is fine with the 91 octane tune.

All I want to do is quicken the shift and make it harder, harder than the 'hard shift' option in the Diablo InTune device.

My question here...does anyone have any suggestions as to the adjustment numbers to put into a custom tune for those wanted items?

The shifting on that original 6 speed auto is pathetic and really want to speed the shifting up and harden it up substantially. I understand that the paddle shifting is not really adjustable. Right or wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Joe
Old 05-03-2015, 12:06 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

If you are referring to Lew of Diablew Tune, I highly recommend him. I have a 2008 Z51 A6 and his custom tune really woke the car up. I would guess that it gained a few horsepower, but the tune really improved the throttle response and the driveability. It drives like a Vette should. I put the firm shift in the TCM, as he recommended, and he tuned that also. The tranny shifts a lot better, firmer, and doesn't seem be wishy-washy in it's selection of a gear in D and S. It also made the shifts with the paddle shifter faster. It will never be a true paddle shift effect like in an exotic sports car, but it is faster than I started with, shifting up and down. I am thoroughly pleased.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:29 AM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Aappreciate the comments, but that was not my questions...I *know* Lew has a good tune. I don't want a performance tune. Only want to see if someone had put in some numbrs that noticeably improved the shifting.

As I said, the car has performance plus now. I am not concerned about going any faster. We have 'jugged' it at over 180 MPH. It goes from 25 to over a hundred in an inth of a second. I *don't* need any more peformence in that department. Only want trans improvements. Thought someone here might have some numbers I can play with on my own.

Thanks again for your input.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:50 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

As I said, I have Lew's custom tunes for both the engine and tranny and am very satisfied with the way the tranny shifts. Night and day from stock. I really haven't looked into me making changes to shift firmness, shift points, or any other parameter that can be adjusted by the user. I don't know anything about that kind of stuff and don't want to screw up my car by messing with numbers. That's why I paid Lew to do it. I know my limitations, most of the time.

I think I have read, that while the inTune does give you some adjustable parameters, a tuner needs certain hardware/software to make the "meatier" changes to a tune.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

There was a reference in another thread, to an InTune manual. Nothing came with my device., other than the multi-fold out quick start guide. I will look on the site again, but if memory serves, (At my age, that isn't much!) I never found a manual, showing what can be changed, or how.

Joe

Last edited by MCharlie; 05-03-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

PM sent.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

the provided firm and hard shift tunes improve shifting right out of the box...
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 AM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
the provided firm and hard shift tunes improve shifting right out of the box...
Hi Mike!

Yes it does! But, not enough for me. I want a much harder, faster shift. The performance side of the tune is fine.

BTW, Thanks for all the help you guys (You, Vas, and the other Mike) assisted me, in getting the tune so it would load into my car. It was getting frustrating, but in the end, all was well.

Again, THANK-YOU!!!

Joe
Old 05-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

email me the TCM files and we'll see if we can firm it up for you a bit....
Old 05-04-2015, 06:00 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Is the TCM tune in the tool now? Or am I going to have to connect the tool to the car and save it?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:31 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by MCharlie
There was a reference in another thread, to an InTune manual. Nothing came with my device., other than the multi-fold out quick start guide. I will look on the site again, but if memory serves, (At my age, that isn't much!) I never found a manual, showing what can be changed, or how.

Joe
Manual is online.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:19 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Is the TCM tune in the tool now? Or am I going to have to connect the tool to the car and save it?
it should be in your computer as "TCM last tune written" or something to that nature.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Correct, assuming the tunes are loaded currently, send me all the files from the tunes folder on the intune drive.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 07:22 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike, are you MikeM@diablosport.com?

Joe
Old 05-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

No, different Mike, we have a few
Old 05-23-2015, 03:56 AM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike, I want to thank you for your assistance!

I have 500 or so miles on the car now, after installing the firm shift TCM file load.

Shifting is substantially better. Not the hard shift I was expecting (Comparing it to the shift kit I mechanically installed in my 77 Jeep Wagoneer, but noticeable. The paddle shifters are a little more quick, but still take 24 hours to up or downshift after paddle input. But, as I am not a racer or autocrosser, it makes 'no nevermind'

As for teh actual 90 Octane tune, the mileage is definitely up again...around town, averages 26-27, on the highway, at 75 mph, it climbs up over 35 at times. usually stays around 33-34 in the mountain. Damned car gets better mileage than my wife's Outback!

Anywho..many, Many, MANY thanks to you Mike, for your help and assistance.

If you read this before the holiday, Have a safe and fun Memorial Day, and if after the holiday, hope you had fun.

To all the U.S. readers here in the Forum, let's not forget the reason for our celebration this weekend....those men and women who gave their lives, for our country. I have no idea if our neighbors to the North also cslebrate a Memorial Day this weekend or have their own ceremonies, if so, let's forget to honor your men and women as well.

Joe
Reno, Nevada
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Glad we could help and you are enjoying the tunes

Happy Memorial Day!

Get notified of new replies

To InTune Shift Adjustment Suggestions

Old 05-25-2015, 08:34 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike, I want to thank you for your assistance!

I have 500 or so miles on the car now, after installing the firm shift TCM file load.

Shifting is substantially better. Not the hard shift I was expecting (Comparing it to the shift kit I mechanically installed in my 77 Jeep Wagoneer, but noticeable. The paddle shifters are a little more quick, but still take 24 hours to up or downshift after paddle input. But, as I am not a racer or autocrosser, it makes 'no nevermind'

As for teh actual 90 Octane tune, the mileage is definitely up again...around town, averages 26-27, on the highway, at 75 mph, it climbs up over 35 at times. usually stays around 33-34 in the mountain. Damned car gets better mileage than my wife's Outback!

Anywho..many, Many, MANY thanks to you Mike, for your help and assistance.

If you read this before the holiday, Have a safe and fun Memorial Day, and if after the holiday, hope you had fun.

To all the U.S. readers here in the Forum, let's not forget the reason for our celebration this weekend....those men and women who gave their lives, for our country. I have no idea if our neighbors to the North also cslebrate a Memorial Day this weekend or have their own ceremonies, if so, let's forget to honor your men and women as well.

Joe
Reno, Nevada
I just noticed a glaring error of omission in my post above, to Mike...In the last sentence, I said, "let's forget to honor your men and women as well" There should have been NOT before forget. I am so sorry to our Northern readers for that unforgivable omission.

Joe
Old 06-03-2015, 03:41 AM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Correct, assuming the tunes are loaded currently, send me all the files from the tunes folder on the intune drive.

Thanks
Hi Mike!

Color me crazy...The shifting on the car keeps getting better and better.

(Standard shifting, the paddle shifting is still rotten, but I don't use the paddles much so that is ok.)

The shifts are firm and positive, and have continually improved since I loaded the trans tune you modified for me.

Personally, if one has a 2006 car and they select firm shift, that is the one that should be in the tool! <<YEAH!!>>

Probably not possible, but it is a good'en and a keeper!

Again, thanks a million Mike, IMNSHO, you are one good reason to invest in the Diablo Sport InTune Device!

Joe
Old 06-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, thats the name of the game

Quick Reply: InTune Shift Adjustment Suggestions