C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with Intune

Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 PM
548chevelle
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Default need help with Intune

I'm using the 93 octane canned tune with the Diablo Intune. I put in a 160 thermostat so then changed the fan settings to 30% at 192, 50% at 196 etc. It worked fine when I ran the car. But then the next time I ran the car I was stopped at a light and I noticed the temp went up to 200. I checked it out when I got home and sure enough the fan didn't come on until 200 degrees. A call to Diablo didn't resolve the problem. Now I just installed a Mantic clutch and was going to put headers in but ran out of time. I put the stock exhaust back but plugged off the rear O2 sensors thinking I'll just turn off the COT. When I started the car I got the 4 codes for the rear sensors. I turned off the COT with the In tune and started the engine. The CEL did not come after driving for a half hour. But then the next time I ran the car the CEL came on and a scan showed 2 codes for the rear O2 sensors - P0036 & 56. I checked the COT was still turned off and it was. I went to Diablo tech support and sent the problem. So far its been 2 days with no response. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

COT is not disabling any codes, thats the function that the PCM uses to dump fuel to cool the cats if needed, you have disabled that, but you need a custom tune for the codes, and ideally to get the most of the headers.

I'd like to look at the tune files and see whats going on with the fan settings, feel free to send them over.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I can hook you up with a custom tune for your car and mods.. you'll need it.. www.diablewtune.com - and can email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 AM
548chevelle
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
COT is not disabling any codes, thats the function that the PCM uses to dump fuel to cool the cats if needed, you have disabled that, but you need a custom tune for the codes, and ideally to get the most of the headers.

I'd like to look at the tune files and see whats going on with the fan settings, feel free to send them over

Thanks
So you're saying turning off COT disables that function but you still get the codes for the removed O2 sensors. That's not what I was hoping for. I'll just put the sensors back for now . As for the fan problem I'll send the file. Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

correct... you can not disable codes with the tool.. need a custom tune for headers/no cats or high-flow cats, because those are going to throw codes anyway, even with the sensors connected... either way, you'll need a custom tune...
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
548chevelle
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport

I'd like to look at the tune files and see whats going on with the fan settings, feel free to send them over.

Thanks
What's your email? Mike@diablosport.com didn't work.

Get notified of new replies

To need help with Intune

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with Intune