C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiabloSport Service Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:30 PM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DiabloSport Service Question

Hello everyone,

Just looking for your opinion.

I purchased a DiabloSport InTune I-1000 tuner on May 5th and tried to tune my 2005 Coupe. I received a "PCM Unknown" prompt and it told me to email the backup file to DiabloSport, which I did that day.
(May 5th)

DiabloSport promptly responded to my email very quickly, which I was very happy with.

On May 16th I emailed them again as I had not received an email or fix from them. On May 18th, they emailed me a file to install in the tuner. This resulted in the same "PCM Unknown" message when trying to tune the vette.

I emailed the backup files from the tuner back to them on that day (May18th) and they assured me that they were looking into it. Great!

Yesterday (May 20th) I emailed them to see what was happening and was told that I should have a file in the afternoon......didn't come.

I contacted them one more time yesterday, late in the day and got the response "Thanks, I will send you the file when it is ready."

My question to you all, is, "Am I being impatient?"

I know that they are very busy and there must be a lot of programming to do when it comes to these handheld tuners but 16 days after I've put out hundreds of dollars for this unit...........my car is still not tuned.

Is it just me?
Brad
Old 05-21-2015, 08:22 PM
548chevelle
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rs2.bull
Hello everyone,

Just looking for your opinion.

I purchased a DiabloSport InTune I-1000 tuner on May 5th and tried to tune my 2005 Coupe. I received a "PCM Unknown" prompt and it told me to email the backup file to DiabloSport, which I did that day.
(May 5th)

DiabloSport promptly responded to my email very quickly, which I was very happy with.

On May 16th I emailed them again as I had not received an email or fix from them. On May 18th, they emailed me a file to install in the tuner. This resulted in the same "PCM Unknown" message when trying to tune the vette.

I emailed the backup files from the tuner back to them on that day (May18th) and they assured me that they were looking into it. Great!

Yesterday (May 20th) I emailed them to see what was happening and was told that I should have a file in the afternoon......didn't come.

I contacted them one more time yesterday, late in the day and got the response "Thanks, I will send you the file when it is ready."

My question to you all, is, "Am I being impatient?"

I know that they are very busy and there must be a lot of programming to do when it comes to these handheld tuners but 16 days after I've put out hundreds of dollars for this unit...........my car is still not tuned.

Is it just me?
Brad
Mike from Diablo worked on a problem I was having this week. After sending him files that he requested he sent me a file with fix the very next day. Yeah I'm sure he's busy but the response was great.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Originally Posted by 548chevelle
Mike from Diablo worked on a problem I was having this week. After sending him files that he requested he sent me a file with fix the very next day. Yeah I'm sure he's busy but the response was great.
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear you got it fixed in short order which is what I would have expected from them.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Chappy1062
Intermediate

I'm considering going the Diablo route myself and one of my concerns is with how long the process may take with emailing multiple files back fourth Vs finding a shop or someone with-in a "reasonable" driving distance.

What would be considered the normal turn a round time for both options from start to finish with the assumption that no major problems are in countered? My assumption is the shop tune would be done in one day....

Last edited by Chappy1062; 05-23-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:11 AM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Just my take...... I would say that most owners would achieve an instant tune using the Intune programmer as it comes preloaded with the standard tunes and is easy to update with their online software.
The issue with it is, if it doesn't work right away, you are at the mercy of a DiabloSport tech to email you a tune for your car. Some have had a quick day or two turn around............I believe that I am the exception as it's been 3 weeks now and my issue is still not resolved.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:52 AM
S. Brooks
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Chappy1062
I'm considering going the Diablo route myself and one of my concerns is with how long the process may take with emailing multiple files back fourth Vs finding a shop or someone with-in a "reasonable" driving distance.

What would be considered the normal turn a round time for both options from start to finish with the assumption that no major problems are in countered? My assumption is the shop tune would be done in one day....
No probs with my tune, Lewis did my custom tune. files back and forth till I got it right, couple of days (me being stupid) custom tune way to go. Car is much more responsive.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry, this is likely my fault.
Please, email me when you get a second, mlitsch @ diablosport.com and include your info.xml file and remind me about this thread and I will get this handled tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2015, 09:01 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Old 05-27-2015, 01:14 AM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Sorry, this is likely my fault.
Please, email me when you get a second, mlitsch @ diablosport.com and include your info.xml file and remind me about this thread and I will get this handled tomorrow.

Thanks
Files from the intune have been sent as you requested. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:20 AM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Files from the intune have been sent as you requested. Thanks.
Just got auto-reply from Mike's email........."out of the office until May 28th"
Old 05-27-2015, 01:41 AM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Here's my file in case you're here Mike.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
info.xml (2.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-27-2015, 12:37 PM
rs2.bull
Navigator

Default All tuned now!

I'm assuming that Mike is away but he had Zach from DiabloSport email me the tune that I needed this morning.
Vette is all tuned and initial impressions are that it is MUCH better than before! The A4 transmission is now picking the correct gear at the right time.........something that it did not do before.
Happy camper now.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Chappy1062
Intermediate

Congrats.... I hope it works well for you. As soon as I slow down here a bit I plan on going this route.....
Old 05-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm assuming that Mike is away but he had Zach from DiabloSport email me the tune that I needed this morning.
Vette is all tuned and initial impressions are that it is MUCH better than before! The A4 transmission is now picking the correct gear at the right time.........something that it did not do before.
Happy camper now.
Yes, i had been out of the office since last Friday, but I knew I had some co-workers that i could count on, glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To DiabloSport Service Question

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Service Question