C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obd

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 11:02 PM
cormudd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd

I have never needed to plug in a OBD meter to my 2008 C6. I know the smog guys do... Recently I tried to plug one in and the connector on the car seemed loose and floppy. Did someone break it??? Also it bent three pins on the OBD2 my buddy lent me,,, so when I looked at my connector with a flash light it looks like some of the female points are blocked off with little round silver plugs... I know not all pin points are active but are they supossed to be blocked.... I need to take a closer look and post a picture. Will A OBD2 can meter work on my car??? does it need a special type of meter/sacanner.. I just want to make sure it is ok and working... I am getting ready to sell the VETT, and I want everything to be ****

Last edited by cormudd; 05-26-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:34 PM
cormudd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cormudd
I have never needed to plug in a OBD meter to my 2008 C6. I know the smog guys do... Recently I tried to plug one in and the connector on the car seemed loose and floppy. Did someone break it??? Also it bent three pins on the OBD2 my buddy lent me,,, so when I looked at my connector with a flash light it looks like some of the female points are blocked off with little round silver plugs... I know not all pin points are active but are they supossed to be blocked.... I need to take a closer look and post a picture. Will A OBD2 can meter work on my car??? does it need a special type of meter/sacanner.. I just want to make sure it is ok and working... I am getting ready to sell the VETT, and I want everything to be ****
Can someone please send me a picture of a 2008 base C6 OBD connector. Mine is right between my legs under the stearing wheel/dash...

Quick Reply: Obd