C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Tuner i-1000

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Diablo Tuner i-1000

So here's a question I purchased my i1000 tuner a couple years ago for my 2007 Coupe. I traded that vehicle for a 2013 GS Coupe and went to try and tune that car and ran into a problem. I'm getting a license error on my tuner. I went into the settings to try and remove the VIN# for my other car and the screen displays a key. When I press the Next button I try to enter the key but it doesn't except all of it and then I get the wrong password message. Has anyone else experienced this with their tuner when trying to tune another vehicle?
Old 06-13-2015, 05:52 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Sounds like you did not return your previous car to its stock tune. Therefore, the inTune is still married to your old car. Contact Diablosport Tech guys and they can probably help you. More than likely Mike from Diablosport will pop in here next week.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Check the tool or firmware info. If the InTune is unmarried it should read license: 0/1 meaning one license is available.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patdown
Sounds like you did not return your previous car to its stock tune. Therefore, the inTune is still married to your old car. Contact Diablosport Tech guys and they can probably help you. More than likely Mike from Diablosport will pop in here next week.

No I didn't re-connect the tuner to my previous car. I wasn't aware I would have to do that. Are you saying the tuner only works for 1 car? I did send a message to the support email of Diablosport. I'm sure I'll hear back from them soon.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Check the tool or firmware info. If the InTune is unmarried it should read license: 0/1 meaning one license is available.
I told me that there are no licenses remaining but it shows both VIN #'s my previous car and my current one.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:47 PM
PUGH.SIMON2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Get_UmJ13
So here's a question I purchased my i1000 tuner a couple years ago for my 2007 Coupe. I traded that vehicle for a 2013 GS Coupe and went to try and tune that car and ran into a problem. I'm getting a license error on my tuner. I went into the settings to try and remove the VIN# for my other car and the screen displays a key. When I press the Next button I try to enter the key but it doesn't except all of it and then I get the wrong password message. Has anyone else experienced this with their tuner when trying to tune another vehicle?
Was your 2007 stock? Was there a noticeable difference in power/fuel economy as they advertise?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PUGH.SIMON2
Was your 2007 stock? Was there a noticeable difference in power/fuel economy as they advertise?
My 07 was a A6. I did notice more response from the throttle, the shift points were a lot quicker, it honestly felt like the car was a little faster. I never had it on a Dyno to see where I was and what I gained but there was a difference once it was tuned. I had a custom tune by "06MonteSS". He's a forum vendor very nice guy I was going to have him tune my GS but I ran into the issue of not being able to pull the current vehicle files.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

These devices are designed for use in one vehicle at a time, so if you did not restore the stock tune to the 07 to unlock it, the intune is still married to that vehicle unfortunately.

All is not lost however, we offer an unlock service for $159 through our website that once payment is made, we will unlock the device remotely so it can be used in a new vehicle.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2015, 03:54 PM
PUGH.SIMON2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
These devices are designed for use in one vehicle at a time, so if you did not restore the stock tune to the 07 to unlock it, the intune is still married to that vehicle unfortunately.

All is not lost however, we offer an unlock service for $159 through our website that once payment is made, we will unlock the device remotely so it can be used in a new vehicle.

Thanks
Can any of the diablo sport tuners control i/m monitors?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

No, it does not.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 AM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport

Thanks
Thanks Mike, That's what I've been hearing from within the forum that it's married to the other car I had. Kind of sucks that it's $159 to unlock it but what other choice do I have. Will you guys email the password to unlock it or is it better to call?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Once the charge is approved it can be reset via email or over the phone

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Tuner i-1000

Quick Reply: Diablo Tuner i-1000