C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 03:44 PM
greek81
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headers Tune

My question is do any of the handhelds have a tune that they come with or can be adjusted for headers? only thing I'm finding thru searches are mail order tunes. All I'm mainly concerned about is the car not running excessively rich and the check engine light to be off. Not worried about the actual performance gains because it will only be temporarily since I will be doing a supercharger build and will have a dyno done at that time.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Robg91z
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Diablo intune and u get a custom email tune with lew. You can go into his website and get one from there i believe its diablewtune.com
Im running it on my c6 with headers and damn it really woke the car up!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:35 AM
greek81
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was trying to avoid having to buy a canned tune. I could have sworn in the past I had read that one of the handheld tuners could adjust for headers but I could be wrong
Old 06-19-2015, 11:55 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.diablewtune.com/

Send Lew an email and discuss your situation. He's a good guy to work with and does a great job with his custom tune. I'm really happy with mine. He doesn't usually answer emails on the weekends, but he's real quick during the week.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:15 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

you can not disable the necessary trouble codes with a handheld, that functionality was removed many many many years ago due to EPA regulations.. so in order to get the necessary trouble codes and related items disabled, fueling adjusted, correctly, etc, you'd have to get a custom tune done for the car/programmer.. which you can do with either the inTune or Trinity tools...

but once you add a supercharger, yes you're going to have to get that setup to a shop to get tuned.. not something I would do via an email tune...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Just get a dyno tune they are around the same price as a hand held tuner and 10 times better.

Give us a call if you are interested. We can get you in.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers Tune

Quick Reply: Headers Tune