C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need to lose the Service Fuel System message

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Thesisinbold
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need to lose the Service Fuel System message

When I fill up I get the message for about the first gallon. After that, it works until about 50% left.

From there it's constant "Service Fuel System."

Is there a way to tune out the warning. I don't even need to fix the gauge (it'd be nice though). I just hate seeing the warning on the dash.

thanks
Old 06-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Paratrooper307
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Thesisinbold
When I fill up I get the message for about the first gallon. After that, it works until about 50% left.

From there it's constant "Service Fuel System."

Is there a way to tune out the warning. I don't even need to fix the gauge (it'd be nice though). I just hate seeing the warning on the dash.

thanks
This is caused due to buildup on the level sensor that causes it to read incorrectly. Some have had luck running a few cans of Techron through the system, but usually the solution is to replace the sensor, which involves dropping the tank. You can use a scan tool to figure out which sensor it is, since both tanks have them. The sensors aren't expensive (around 50-60 bucks) but dropping the tanks is a major PITA.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:53 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Here's a good discussion on this issue: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-warning.html

Get notified of new replies

To I need to lose the Service Fuel System message

Quick Reply: I need to lose the Service Fuel System message