C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone stock dyno baseline

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Dots403
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bone stock dyno baseline

So i took my car today for baseline ended up bone stock 360 rwhp 355 tq on a dynapack does this sound right? I'm adding 1 7/8's longtubes BER lsx ls3 ported manifold 25% underdrive pulley BTR LS3 Stg IV Cam 233/248 .619"/.595" 113+5 what do you guys expect the car to be when it's finished? The car is a base ls3.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:58 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Bone stock dyno baseline

Seems a little low for an ls3 but it's only a number. My ls2 dynoed in the low 330's and after heads cam etc it gained 120+rwhp thru a stalled a6. I'd guess 458rwhp. Good luck and enjoy the extra hp!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:31 PM
A Marsh
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The 2008 Z51 automatic coupe I used to have dynoed at 383/383. The only mods were a K&N CAI and tune.

Recognizing that no two dynos will yield the same results, I've always thought these were pretty common numbers.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Dots403
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by A Marsh
The 2008 Z51 automatic coupe I used to have dynoed at 383/383. The only mods were a K&N CAI and tune.

Recognizing that no two dynos will yield the same results, I've always thought these were pretty common numbers.
thanks for chiming in, i'm assuming if it had a cai and a tune it would net a few more hp but right now its stock everything I just got my cam kit in, udp just waiting on the manifold, i might also buy a cai but im unsure of actual gains with one
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Unfortunately there is no such thing as 'right' numbers, or high or low numbers, it makes what it makes on that dyno, on that day, and the numbers are really only relative to other vehicles on that dyno, on that day.

The worst thing you can do is set a HP goal before you mod the vehicle, as you'll just be disappointed if it doesn't hit a number that really doesn;t mean anything anyhow

Take it to that track this week, and hang on to your timeslips, then go back after you are built, and note the improvement in trap speed, that's a real life, legit indication of how much power the car is making, and picked up over stock

Thanks
Old 07-14-2015, 11:57 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

My guess is that you should be in the 440-450 RWHP range---with your new mods----However realize that with so many mods in order to get the full potential from your mods ( other than the underdrive pulley) is to have it re-tuned---The biggest culprit is your LT headers--They typically make your engine run somewhat richer at P/T which is no big deal as your fuel trims will try to correct your AFR to Stoich--After about 50 miles of normal driving the fuel trims will learn out and settle
on "0" If your fuel trims never learn out and have a positive % the problem is that the positive % is added to your WOT fuel as a lean safety--This will result in a rich lazy mixture at WOT and you'll be down on HP---A negative fuel trim at P/T will never subtract fuel at WOT as it locks on "0"
So P/T throttle fueling greatly affects your WOT AFR--if the fuel trims are positive
It is not uncommon to see after installing LT's to have a +15 % fuel trim---Adding 15% to a commanded AFR at WOT of a normal 12.5 will richen it up to a pig rich 10.6 !!!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Dots403
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the great info I will be having it towed to my tuner Rick@synergymotorsports once all the mods are on and plan on driving it home afterwards, I guess my last remaining mod could be heads not sure if it would be worth buying new or getting my ls3s worked on

Get notified of new replies

To Bone stock dyno baseline

Quick Reply: Bone stock dyno baseline