C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tuned my LS2 6 speed today

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:41 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Dyno tuned my LS2 6 speed today

I have an 05 6 speed with the following mods: complete Z06 exhaust- manifolds to mufflers, 1.8 Yella Terra, I ported the intake manifold runners and a Vararam CIA, that's it.
This was on a Mustang Dyno where I didn't baseline the car as I assumed that this car stock on pretty much any dyno is 350RWHP give or take a few.
My choice for the parts I put on was based on 400RWHP for my goal and mainly around 118-120 in the quarter. I don't care much on the ET as I am going to suck driving it and MPH is really the true HP reflection.

So we did the first pull and made 379RWHP with the mods I have done. Not too bad I didn't think. About a dozen pulls later with tune changes the car made 402RWHP. So I got 23RWHP on correcting the tune to the parts I put on.

I'm happy with the result and now I need to get it to the track to see if the car runs the 118-120 that I am looking for.

Tuning was done at West Bend Dyno by Brian J. All in all a fun 3 hours. I did video each computer screen pull and if anyone is interested I'll post a few videos to you tube.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:39 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Old school thinking dictated that MPH is a true result of HP----- However other factors come into play----If you get a slow start off the lights--you will get a result of slower MPH on the top end --as the car will take more time to get up to speed----A quick launch always results in a higher MPH---If you spin to much on take off the car loses momentum- OR if you bog too much on take off you'll get the same result--Best MPH times are always achieved when you have a slight spinning launch no bogging and can shift thru the gears cleanly--

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned my LS2 6 speed today