C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune-out hyperflash LED turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:00 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Tune-out hyperflash LED turn signals?

I'm curious if there's a way to program the BCM to ignore the turn signal hyperflash issue after installing LEDs (eliminating the need for resistors all together) either using tuner software or a Tech II tool.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:05 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly doubt it as the speed of your blinker isnt controlled by your ECM or any other computer. Its the resistance of the electrical pulses being sent to your blinkers that control that and by adding LED's you've eliminated that.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Clever question though. I'm glad radioflyer is still trying to trying to lead a path for us to finally have LEDs without the hyper flash. I wish the Vette used a flash module that can simply be switched to an LED version.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:28 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Tropicana
Clever question though. I'm glad radioflyer is still trying to trying to lead a path for us to finally have LEDs without the hyper flash. I wish the Vette used a flash module that can simply be switched to an LED version.
What makes this venture difficult is there isn't a solution where all we would do the difficult engineering on our end to build a plug-and-play solution for the customer. Everything revolves around either the computer (which the customer would need reprogrammed if it is even possible) or install a fancy load resistor somewhere upstream of the turn signals in a place with good airflow and away from heat-sensitive components. This solution still puts a fair amount of work in the hands of the customer and typically doesn't look as nice as they would like.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

By hyperflash do you mean the turn signals are blinking crazy fast ???
If so yes that is common with LED bulbs---The fix has always been in the past to install an "electronic " flasher unit instead of the analog flasher that is stock
LED's use a very small amount of watts/amps---so the analog flasher will not work with such low draw--however an electronic flasher will operate will an extremely low draw
I always get mine at our local speed shop or on E-Bay
Old 07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tblu92
By hyperflash do you mean the turn signals are blinking crazy fast ???
If so yes that is common with LED bulbs---The fix has always been in the past to install an "electronic " flasher unit instead of the analog flasher that is stock
LED's use a very small amount of watts/amps---so the analog flasher will not work with such low draw--however an electronic flasher will operate will an extremely low draw
I always get mine at our local speed shop or on E-Bay
Yes, that is the issue, but with the C6, there is no stand-alone flasher to replace on the C6. The turn signals are controlled by the BCM.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Most of the common tuners, only control through ecm, and the tcm. The only time I have ever seen the bcm tuned is on a relflash from a tech 2. And that is done using a gm factory program.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Are you saying with certainty that hyper flash can be tuned out at the BCM after all or just that generally, the BCM can only be modified by a Tech 2?

Get notified of new replies

To Tune-out hyperflash LED turn signals?

Quick Reply: Tune-out hyperflash LED turn signals?