C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 LS2 A4 Dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:46 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 LS2 A4 Dyno tune

I've been searching for few hours & can't find any threads for C6 LS2 A4 Dyno. Would like to c few things: stock results...then results with CAI (preferable Vararam) & Corsa extreme. I know axle back or cat back ain't gonna provide much & headers would help great deal. But just with what I said. Granted ANY results would b great. Particularly pertaining to the A4 cuz I've read I can expect to b very happy after tune. This is tune at very reputable place imma do n few weeks. Just like most I'm curious what my results will b. Not just hp but the tranny. Any input is appreciated.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:02 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From bone stock to tune and CAI, exhaust I think I picked up 26 rwhp and that was with a vararam although that particular CAI doesnt add anything until you start driving. I ended up dumping mine after I saw all the stuff it let by due to poor seal but you should be in that ball park with similar mods. Responsiveness was much better and the feel of that HP was much larger than the number implies.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Thx. How bout the tranny? Also does Vararam still have poor seal?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:06 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Trans tuning can make your car about .4 to a .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile without even touching the engine file----Quickening up the shifts helps tremendously-- as well as deleting all the abuse and TQ management systems--As far as longevity goes raising the TCC lockup to about 50 MPH eliminates the 4th gear bog or lugging---Also many tuners will delete the 3rd gear lock up entirely which prevents the converter from constantly locking/unlocking during P/T driving---raising the TCC PWM to a minimum of 60 and a max of 98 will also make the TCC lock more firmly--
To increase shift quickness and firmness best is to subtract a % to the Force motor current table A "0" PSI only subtract like 4% but after 0 to the end of the table start by removing about 12% the more you remove the quicker and firmer the shifts--We were taught at EFILIVE training to leave all the base pressure settings at stock as simply raising the pressure is hard on the trans and Not the correct way to achieve firm shifts
Old 07-24-2015, 12:26 AM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tblu92
Trans tuning can make your car about .4 to a .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile without even touching the engine file----Quickening up the shifts helps tremendously-- as well as deleting all the abuse and TQ management systems--As far as longevity goes raising the TCC lockup to about 50 MPH eliminates the 4th gear bog or lugging---Also many tuners will delete the 3rd gear lock up entirely which prevents the converter from constantly locking/unlocking during P/T driving---raising the TCC PWM to a minimum of 60 and a max of 98 will also make the TCC lock more firmly--
To increase shift quickness and firmness best is to subtract a % to the Force motor current table A "0" PSI only subtract like 4% but after 0 to the end of the table start by removing about 12% the more you remove the quicker and firmer the shifts--We were taught at EFILIVE training to leave all the base pressure settings at stock as simply raising the pressure is hard on the trans and Not the correct way to achieve firm shifts
Great info! Thx so much.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bdunwiddie59
Thx. How bout the tranny? Also does Vararam still have poor seal?
Im not sure. I havent seen one in about 4 years. I would hope so. I would like to put one back on the car but won't consider it until I know they have their issues resolved.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:10 AM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile
Im not sure. I havent seen one in about 4 years. I would hope so. I would like to put one back on the car but won't consider it until I know they have their issues resolved.
What issues?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:52 AM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

What issues?
The top portion of the vararam where it meets the bottom and the filter sits used to bow out in the back leaving a large gap for air/debris to pass by the filter. The way the vararam sits in your engine bay it was impossible to see it unless you removed it. The problem was cheap crappy plastic they used to cast the mold then charge 400 bucks for the thing.

If they got it fixed and started using better material it will be a great product. If not then I would stay away.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:28 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile
The top portion of the vararam where it meets the bottom and the filter sits used to bow out in the back leaving a large gap for air/debris to pass by the filter. The way the vararam sits in your engine bay it was impossible to see it unless you removed it. The problem was cheap crappy plastic they used to cast the mold then charge 400 bucks for the thing.

If they got it fixed and started using better material it will be a great product. If not then I would stay away.
After more research I opted for the carbon fiber Corsa instead. Looks WAY better & according to my tune shop u can get bout same performance out of both. Give or take.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

After more research I opted for the carbon fiber Corsa instead. Looks WAY better & according to my tune shop u can get bout same performance out of both. Give or take.
your shop is and that statement leads me to believe you should get tuned somewhere else, the Vararam is the best performance mod that can be done on the C6 05 A4, ask me how I know, my car has ran great for 10 years, and very fast, has set many records along the way and the main reason was the 0.50 and 5 mph that I gained in the 1/4 mile when I had nothing but a tune and 160 stat, backed up with before and after passes within a 10 ft DA difference, and it has been on and setting records with all the added mods along the way, and still performs top notch, never no seal leaks, I have had 3 of them the first I gave to LS1LT1 who runs very fast with minimum mods, they built me a new one for my car with air vanes a one of, they sent me a 3rd which I sold to stanger 383 another very fast C6Z06 CHECK THE PERFORMANCE LIST and you will see what the fastest C6's run
Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
your shop is and that statement leads me to believe you should get tuned somewhere else, the Vararam is the best performance mod that can be done on the C6 05 A4, ask me how I know, my car has ran great for 10 years, and very fast, has set many records along the way and the main reason was the 0.50 and 5 mph that I gained in the 1/4 mile when I had nothing but a tune and 160 stat, backed up with before and after passes within a 10 ft DA difference, and it has been on and setting records with all the added mods along the way, and still performs top notch, never no seal leaks, I have had 3 of them the first I gave to LS1LT1 who runs very fast with minimum mods, they built me a new one for my car with air vanes a one of, they sent me a 3rd which I sold to stanger 383 another very fast C6Z06 CHECK THE PERFORMANCE LIST and you will see what the fastest C6's run
I should have been more specific. Tune shop said "BOUT" same results. The Vararam will give me better performance than the Corsa carbon fiber. But they said the Corsa is no slouch. For MY driving habits & not racing it the lower performance was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the MUCH better looks. It's still a good intake...just not as good as the Vararam. And obviously u would know cuz what u said makes sense. I'm very excited for the tune more than any intake cuz I hear it does quite a bit for what I got (stock & A4)! Btw I'm using Smokey's Dyno in Akron Ohio. Based on my research that's the best n my area by far. Thx for your input...I appreciate it.

Last edited by bdunwiddie59; 07-27-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I should have been more specific. Tune shop said "BOUT" same results. The Vararam will give me better performance than the Corsa carbon fiber. But they said the Corsa is no slouch. For MY driving habits & not racing it the lower performance was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the MUCH better looks. It's still a good intake...just not as good as the Vararam. And obviously u would know cuz what u said makes sense. I'm very excited for the tune more than any intake cuz I hear it does quite a bit for what I got (stock & A4)! Btw I'm using Smokey's Dyno in Akron Ohio. Based on my research that's the best n my area by far. Thx for your input...I appreciate it.
I never heard of them, I just checked and see they do all cars, I would find a tuner that specializes in corvettes, and that intake isnt even close to the vararam in performance racing or not racing, an extra couple of car lengths in passing could save your life, when you are going down the road you cant see that intake, you can see the vararam now if your just dyno racing dont buy anything and give smokey a hundred bucks for a great dyno sheet and a nice playboy pic would look better on the stock intake or hood cover
Old 07-27-2015, 05:21 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

I never heard of them, I just checked and see they do all cars, I would find a tuner that specializes in corvettes, and that intake isnt even close to the vararam in performance racing or not racing, an extra couple of car lengths in passing could save your life, when you are going down the road you cant see that intake, you can see the vararam now if your just dyno racing dont buy anything and give smokey a hundred bucks for a great dyno sheet and a nice playboy pic would look better on the stock intake or hood cover
I'll look into it...thx.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Im not sure how yours didn't leak. It was an extremely well known issue and the people I spoke with at vararam acknowledged it. I know the performance was great but the problem I had with mine I was more likely to experience a catastrophic engine failure than set a record.

I would love to go back but maybe something that is made out of a much stronger plastic or carbon fiber mold like other high end air intakes instead of the cheap flimsy garbage they charged me around 400 bucks for.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 LS2 A4 Dyno tune

Quick Reply: C6 LS2 A4 Dyno tune