C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/2 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default LS1/2 Edit

So I used to use LS1 Edit on my C5 Z06. I am wanting to do some tweaking to my tune of my current Z06 in off WOT scenarios. Is LS1/2 edit no longer used by people? I see HP Tuner is still around.

What is the most cost effective way to just get some scans to put into Excel and start looking at whats going on with the tune? I still have my old LS1 edit cable and software, and I think I probably have the scanning software. Will that work on the C6?

Thanks, trying to relearn and get a clue.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:24 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Most use HP Tuners or EFI Live these days

HPT's basic interface is the cheapest option but it doesn't have any external inputs (i.e. can't connect a wideband to it)

Sometimes you can keep a lookout on eBay for a while and pick a used setup for a lower price. I did that and HPT was still good to deal with when I had a problem with it.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:57 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Most use HP Tuners or EFI Live these days

HPT's basic interface is the cheapest option but it doesn't have any external inputs (i.e. can't connect a wideband to it)

Sometimes you can keep a lookout on eBay for a while and pick a used setup for a lower price. I did that and HPT was still good to deal with when I had a problem with it.
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2015, 02:30 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The only players these days is HP Tuners and EFILIVE They both offer 2-way communication and the ability to change ANY table in either your ECM or TCM --Also as a tuner the biggest asset is the data logger--which records data while driving so you can make educated changes---Research BOTH if you are interested--I did--I chose EFILIVE for a couple reasons----Their software is so much more easier to use and understand--They even give descriptions on the tables use in the ECM--Not just a bunch of numbers and graphs and vague names of tables
2ndly--as a new tuner you would want to buy from someone who is going to be helpful when you get lost or stuck-Support for a newbie is much more important than price--and you will get stuck !!! Support with EFILIVE is excellent-----I bought from Jesse Bubb at Wait4me Performance---He is so dedicated and a gift for us all---
If you have other data logging capabilities the 3rd choice of software would be Diablo
They don't offer a data logger but for some users not an issue---Far cheaper as they don't access all the available tables but enough to do most major mods
Old 09-25-2015, 09:32 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Neither EFI Live or HP Tuners allow access to "any" table. They both allow access to almost anything you'd ever need to change, though there are more than shown on either software package.

Either one will do the job--HPT has been good about adding access to anything I've requested, and their setup is cheaper, so if I were doing it over again I'd use HPT again.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:08 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

You can download FREE demo 's of both EFILIVE and HP from their websites--and learn your way around the software and practice tuning----It won't take you long before you realize that HP is way too confusing and EFILIVE is the best on the market--You get what you pay for--
Old 09-26-2015, 11:10 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Readers of this thread should take note that "schpenxel" has been thanked 25 times in 6,500+ posts and "tblu92" has been thanked 4 times in 3,600+ posts.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:13 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Too funny---It's like a Ford VS Chevy argument---- I challenge the poster to load both the free programs and play with them---and make his own decision---It won't take long for anyone to realize HP is all numbers and un familiar phrases and is far more un user friendly----EFILIVE has the best LS/LT software on the planet---The best support--No silly licensing procedure---and far better data logging software as well as dynamic vehicle live testing
Old 09-28-2015, 07:55 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

100% agree it's like the chevy vs. ford argument. Admittedly I've only used HP Tuners in actual practice. The descriptions in the tables were always fine for me. Maybe EFI's are better.

How does EFI Live stop you from using their interface on any and all cars they want? Surely they have some sort of licensing procedure?

Get notified of new replies

To LS1/2 Edit

Quick Reply: LS1/2 Edit