C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Be Worried About This Carfax?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 PM
ImBAVID
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Be Worried About This Carfax?

This is a 2011 GS For sale close to me. Was checking out the CarFax and noticed how many times it had been in the shop to have the electrical checked. What do ya'll think? Also it looks like it wasnt sold due to having a service contract...anyone know what that means?

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...YS2DW7B5107603
Old 10-26-2015, 10:53 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Seems like this car was well maintained---Most of the service history was for routine maintenance washing and detailing
The only issue from long ago was a wiring and service to the BCM controller
This car has several computers
ECM----engine controller
TCM ---Transmission controller
ABS----Brake controller
BCM---Body controller
The BCM has many functions not engine or trans related--Most of it's use is to control things like all the accessories--Including cruise control--stereo--door locks--door chimes
dash information--etc---
It was common in early C5's to have some BCM or wiring issues--including the dreaded "column lock"---C6's however did not have these inherent issues--
Sound like they had one at one time but it was corrected and repaired well as it dis not re-occur----- I would check all the accessory items and make sure everything works
I would not be afraid to buy this car as the main mechanicals like engine and trans and rear end seem all in great condition
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
ImBAVID
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tblu92
Seems like this car was well maintained---Most of the service history was for routine maintenance washing and detailing
The only issue from long ago was a wiring and service to the BCM controller
This car has several computers
ECM----engine controller
TCM ---Transmission controller
ABS----Brake controller
BCM---Body controller
The BCM has many functions not engine or trans related--Most of it's use is to control things like all the accessories--Including cruise control--stereo--door locks--door chimes
dash information--etc---
It was common in early C5's to have some BCM or wiring issues--including the dreaded "column lock"---C6's however did not have these inherent issues--
Sound like they had one at one time but it was corrected and repaired well as it dis not re-occur----- I would check all the accessory items and make sure everything works
I would not be afraid to buy this car as the main mechanicals like engine and trans and rear end seem all in great condition
thank you for your input. Im starting to feel a bit more comfortable with the car. Next red flag Im worried about now is the fact that it was repossessed. But Im going to take it for a long test drive and check all the electronics like you stated.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:28 PM
ImBAVID
Intermediate

so after really looking into the carfax it looks like it was repossessed after only 2 months. so there couldnt have been too much in that time frame that would cause much trouble if maintenance was skipped worst case scenario.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:51 PM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

best of luck with the new purchase!

Get notified of new replies

To Should I Be Worried About This Carfax?

Quick Reply: Should I Be Worried About This Carfax?