C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good tune shop near Toledo, OH area? And header insatll question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 AM
A-A-Ron
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Good tune shop near Toledo, OH area? And header insatll question.

Just like the title reads. Looking for a good tune shop that will be able to handle the vette. I have googled the nearby ones, but not too sure if one is better or if I should look farther away.

Lingenfelter is only about an hour or so away, but they mostly only tune their packages.

Any idea what a dyno/tune would run? I bought some new LG 1 7/8" LTHs with cat delet x-pipe. I know ill get some lights popping up as a result. How far and how long can I drive on the new headers without causing any major problems to get it to a shop to have the system tuned?

Lastly, what is the difference when some companies sell supercharger packages and offer ECM Calibrations? What is the difference between the ECM calibration and the dyno/tune? Are both the same, or are they both needed? Forgive my ignorance.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by A-A-Ron
Just like the title reads. Looking for a good tune shop that will be able to handle the vette. I have googled the nearby ones, but not too sure if one is better or if I should look farther away.

Lingenfelter is only about an hour or so away, but they mostly only tune their packages.

Any idea what a dyno/tune would run? I bought some new LG 1 7/8" LTHs with cat delet x-pipe. I know ill get some lights popping up as a result. How far and how long can I drive on the new headers without causing any major problems to get it to a shop to have the system tuned?

Lastly, what is the difference when some companies sell supercharger packages and offer ECM Calibrations? What is the difference between the ECM calibration and the dyno/tune? Are both the same, or are they both needed? Forgive my ignorance.
Subscribed
Old 12-13-2015, 07:39 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

How about Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn, Michigan?

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/
The following users liked this post:
A-A-Ron (01-30-2016)
Old 12-14-2015, 11:18 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by A-A-Ron

I don't think Mark Carlyle is to far away from you...hit him up.

https://carlyleracing.com/
A-A-Ron (01-30-2016)
Old 12-14-2015, 01:12 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm on the North side of Columbus if you want us to do it... we know a little bit about Corvettes...
A-A-Ron (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:39 PM
A-A-Ron
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Proud Owner
Subscribed
Having KATECH do a Magnuson TVS2300 Jackshaft. They are also installing their valve covers, 160 Tstat, and coil relocation brackets. I have to install the headers myself because of Michigan emission standards.
Still wondering how long I can drive on unturned headers though. I was told as long as I drive at normal speeds and don't put it in WOT the car should run fine the 1.5 hr drive up to KATECH.

Get notified of new replies

To Good tune shop near Toledo, OH area? And header insatll question.

Quick Reply: Good tune shop near Toledo, OH area? And header insatll question.