C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P2119, p0068

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Neil350
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default P2119, p0068

I have been having TB issues with my 2007 C6. The car had gone in to reduced engine power mode prior, cleaned the TB and had the shop do the TB relearn with the Snap On Scanner. Car was good for a while, getting tuned the car threw a P2119 code. Still stored in the PCM. I was merging on to I-10 the other day, going pretty quick but not really all that hard, less than 50% throttle, let off the throttle and the car went in to reduced engine power mode and shut off. Wouldn't restart, the guy behind me had a CTS-V, stopped to help and pulled the PCM fuse, re-inserted and was able to restart the car, SES light came on, scanned it and the code was P0068.

The car has an A&A kit, LS3 card MAF, ZR1 MAP sensor and the throttle body is from a Trail Blazer SS, it has a FAST 102 MM manifold from when it was a bolt on cam only set up. Reading the service trees, it kind of points to there is an issue with the TPS sensor on the throttle body. Spoke to some other folks who have had this issue, they were saying since I've had other issues with the throttle body in regards to code it's not likely I got the P0068 code due to some thing in the tune.

Last edited by Neil350; 12-08-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:17 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I would start by disabling P0068 (HPT/engine diags/General/at the bottom, max out the enable RPM). Some will disagree with this as it is a safety measure to ensure the DBW system doesn't create a runaway vehicle. You could increase the values, but I've always just disabled it on FI cars. My thought is that after having done this, the P2119 will not re-appear, although I've never seen them linked.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Neil350
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks Bill
Old 12-14-2015, 03:42 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default Tb ss

Originally Posted by Neil350
I have been having TB issues with my 2007 C6. The car had gone in to reduced engine power mode prior, cleaned the TB and had the shop do the TB relearn with the Snap On Scanner. Car was good for a while, getting tuned the car threw a P2119 code. Still stored in the PCM. I was merging on to I-10 the other day, going pretty quick but not really all that hard, less than 50% throttle, let off the throttle and the car went in to reduced engine power mode and shut off. Wouldn't restart, the guy behind me had a CTS-V, stopped to help and pulled the PCM fuse, re-inserted and was able to restart the car, SES light came on, scanned it and the code was P0068.

The car has an A&A kit, LS3 card MAF, ZR1 MAP sensor and the throttle body is from a Trail Blazer SS, it has a FAST 102 MM manifold from when it was a bolt on cam only set up. Reading the service trees, it kind of points to there is an issue with the TPS sensor on the throttle body. Spoke to some other folks who have had this issue, they were saying since I've had other issues with the throttle body in regards to code it's not likely I got the P0068 code due to some thing in the tune.
TB SS throttle body is smaller than a C6's
Old 12-16-2015, 09:06 AM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I would start by disabling P0068 (HPT/engine diags/General/at the bottom, max out the enable RPM). Some will disagree with this as it is a safety measure to ensure the DBW system doesn't create a runaway vehicle. You could increase the values, but I've always just disabled it on FI cars. My thought is that after having done this, the P2119 will not re-appear, although I've never seen them linked.
Two words: "Legal Liability"

Anybody remember the runaway Toyotas? Yeah, like that. It's actually pretty easy to populate the max airflow table based on real world measurements in the car. Why not take the 2 minutes to just make it right?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:17 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ding ding ding
Old 12-17-2015, 08:03 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater View Post

Two words: "Legal Liability"

Anybody remember the runaway Toyotas? Yeah, like that. It's actually pretty easy to populate the max airflow table based on real world measurements in the car. Why not take the 2 minutes to just make it right?

Well both techniques require credits. But one requires real knowledge. Hey, Bill, help him out, he lives by you. lol
Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 AM
Neil350
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

Dropped the car off, replaced the Trail Blazer throttle body for a new stock LS2 piece. They had the blower bracket machined to accommodate for the LS2 TB / Fast 102 interference issue. The car will be getting re-tuned here shortly.

Get notified of new replies

To P2119, p0068

Quick Reply: P2119, p0068