C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:31 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Mine would do it around 3/4 throttle into 2nd. Mainly a product of 8 year old tires.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:49 AM
AssTyme
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Throttle is planted on the floor thru 1st and into second . I don't think I would want it to bark into 2nd at anything less that WOT as that would just be to firm for me . I don't need it to be hard shifting at anything less that full throttle. My C5 had work done on the trans and it shifted way to hard , it gets old fast

I have not played with any of the other settings yet , after the holidays I am sending my log files to DiabloLew for some tweaking

My 2013GS spins for a few feet from 1st to 2nd shift stock under full throttle (with TC on). I would like the shifts firmed up though and also the response time using the paddles.

Last edited by AssTyme; 12-23-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AssTyme
My 2013GS spins for a few feet from 1st to 2nd shift stock under full throttle (with TC on). I would like the shifts firmed up though and also the response time using the paddles.
AT, look into the Vitesse Throttle Controller guys here swear by it. Eliminates lag.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

AT , the Diablo firms up the shifts for sure

When I got my C6 the first thing I noticed was that it was wayyyyy to quiet and the transmission felt like SLUSH

I fixed both , one with NPP's and the second with the Diablo TCM tune

There are three canned settings in the TCM tune , I chose the 2nd one which I think was " FIRM" and I think this is perfect

When driving around normally the trans shifts harder than stock but without you feeling a thing but when you stomp on it shifts HARD and you feel it ! .

This is what I liked because my C5 shifted hard no matter what speed I was going and that banging all the time got old after awhile

You also have the option to go deeper into the settings and change the shift points and line pressures

I don't know enough about these settings so I will leave that to the Professionals like DIABLOLEW and Mike at DIABLO Sport to guide me

I am not sure how to adjust the response times using the paddles , I just leave mine in Sport and have the shift points set so I don't have to use the paddles .

I just stab it and steer it

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-23-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:44 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Proud Owner
No. Cannot tell a difference. Or shifting different. Nothing. Maybe installed wrong?
i feel nothing on mine as well. question, didn't you just install the "vitesse" gadget in your car? if so then why would you buy the diablo tune? i'm a little confused here.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Originally Posted by billyboy47
i feel nothing on mine as well. question, didn't you just install the "vitesse" gadget in your car? if so then why would you buy the diablo tune? i'm a little confused here.
They are 2 different mods. Does not matter where or how tuned if the TC is not adjusted. The Vitesse is for me downright awesome sauce. Little $$ for big results.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:04 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Proud Owner
They are 2 different mods. Does not matter where or how tuned if the TC is not adjusted. The Vitesse is for me downright awesome sauce. Little $$ for big results.
do you have a link for the vitesse?
Old 12-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

What tune did you load ? Did you also load the TCM tune , if so what setting did you chose .

Be sure to note that the stock 93 tune only adds maybe ,if you are lucky 15 horsepower and that is not enough to feel in the seat of your pants . What it does do is change the timing etc and makes the car more fun to drive . Along with the TCM tune I feel that my car is completely different than it was with the stock tune .

Especially with the TCM tune . As I stated above , driving normal... there is no difference at all but plant it to the floor and the 1st to 2nd shift will break your neck ... no way did it do that with the stock tune .

As far as a link for the Vitesse just do a goggle search ...

Dave
Old 12-29-2015, 12:44 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

What tune did you load ? Did you also load the TCM tune , if so what setting did you chose .

Be sure to note that the stock 93 tune only adds maybe ,if you are lucky 15 horsepower and that is not enough to feel in the seat of your pants . What it does do is change the timing etc and makes the car more fun to drive . Along with the TCM tune I feel that my car is completely different than it was with the stock tune .

Especially with the TCM tune . As I stated above , driving normal... there is no difference at all but plant it to the floor and the 1st to 2nd shift will break your neck ... no way did it do that with the stock tune .

As far as a link for the Vitesse just do a goggle search ...

Dave
did the monte tune. thanks
Old 12-29-2015, 12:56 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

did the monte tune. thanks

"monte tune"... ???
Old 12-29-2015, 01:03 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

"monte tune"... ???
whats his name, lew? it would be easier for me to drive up into new york and see the cow man. he's only an hour or so from me and this way he can install it and i won't have to go thru the computer to set anything up. not very good with this computer crap. i get frustrated way too easy.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:22 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

whats his name, lew? it would be easier for me to drive up into new york and see the cow man. he's only an hour or so from me and this way he can install it and i won't have to go thru the computer to set anything up. not very good with this computer crap. i get frustrated way too easy.

You are saying that the "Lew tune" did nothing for you ? What were his thoughts on this ?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:40 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

You are saying that the "Lew tune" did nothing for you ? What were his thoughts on this ?
tried calling the tech line but was on hold for awhile and decided to keep it as is and eventually sell it.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

tried calling the tech line but was on hold for awhile and decided to keep it as is and eventually sell it.
DiabloLEW is not part of Diablo , the only way you can reach him is thru email

diablo.help@gmail.com

he answers right away

Dave
Old 12-29-2015, 03:20 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

DiabloLEW is not part of Diablo , the only way you can reach him is thru email

diablo.help@gmail.com

he answers right away

Dave
Will try it. Thanks again
Old 12-30-2015, 12:44 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

no he did not.. he never got my custom tune because he didn't want to take the time to figure out how to use his computer correctly in order to get me the necessary files, etc for doing the custom tune... so he never got it..

as he said himself, he gets too aggravated and frustrated waaay too quickly and easily and doesn't take the time necessary to get things figured out in order to get things done...

his best bet was to just take it somewhere and have someone do everything for him so he didn't have to worry about trying to do anything himself.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:07 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
no he did not.. he never got my custom tune because he didn't want to take the time to figure out how to use his computer correctly in order to get me the necessary files, etc for doing the custom tune... so he never got it..

as he said himself, he gets too aggravated and frustrated waaay too quickly and easily and doesn't take the time necessary to get things figured out in order to get things done...

his best bet was to just take it somewhere and have someone do everything for him so he didn't have to worry about trying to do anything himself.

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Tune

Old 12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

I do believe I have never contacted you via email regarding my tune. But I will when I have a good day to put mileage on my car or whatever it is I'm supposed to do in order to take full advantage of your tune.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:43 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Billyboy, check your posts https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...erience-8.html and it seems that you did communicate with Lew.

IMO, you should get someone (COW) to do your tune. Technology is not everyone's friend.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:48 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Originally Posted by PDsVettes
Billyboy, check your posts https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...erience-8.html and it seems that you did communicate with Lew.

IMO, you should get someone (COW) to do your tune. Technology is not everyone's friend.
Reading through all of this seems a local dyno tune would be best. IMO

Quick Reply: Diablo Tune