C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Diablo Tune

So yesterday I installed the tune on my car and went for a drive but could not tell a difference. So any other members here that have installed this tune my question is did you feel a noticeable difference?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Proud Owner
So yesterday I installed the tune on my car and went for a drive but could not tell a difference. So any other members here that have installed this tune my question is did you feel a noticeable difference?
I installed the 93 octane tune and the TCM tune set to firm . Not sure if it added any power but it is a lot more fun to drive

Shifts are real firm and it feels stronger and is pulling harder thru 1st and second
The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I installed the 93 octane tune and the TCM tune set to firm . Not sure if it added any power but it is a lot more fun to drive

Shifts are real firm and it feels stronger and is pulling harder thru 1st and second
Maybe I need to reinstall. After installing car would not start. Freaked me out to say the least. Turned out it had killed the battery. Jumped started it and car fired up and drove without issue. So everything is back to normal but just not feeling anything from this tune.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

The reason why I installed it is so I can get a custom tune done by DiabloLew . He asks that you put some miles using the Diablo tune and then record and send him a log file so he can fine tune it for you .

Dave
Old 12-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Wow you lucked out ! They warn u about the battery because you can "brick" the ECM if it dies while loading

I would start over and put a battery charger on it while loading
Dave
Old 12-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Proud Owner
Racer

Wow you lucked out ! They warn u about the battery because you can "brick" the ECM if it dies while loading

I would start over and put a battery charger on it while loading
Dave
I had Diablo Tech on phone with me. He said that everything went fine loading tune. Told me to unplug and test drive it. So hung up and car just made a popping noise 6 times which I think would be the starter trying to do its job. I am thinking to go buy a new battery since this one seems to be weak. I have done this with other cars and never had this happen.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

By any chance do you have an automatic ?

If so you should load the TCM tune . It really makes the transmission shift like a corvette should

I had a battery that would quit on my once in a while . I would charge it back up and a month later same thing . Just ended up replacing it and have had no problems since and sometimes my car might sit for weeks in the garage

Dave
Old 12-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

By any chance do you have an automatic ?

If so you should load the TCM tune . It really makes the transmission shift like a corvette should

I had a battery that would quit on my once in a while . I would charge it back up and a month later same thing . Just ended up replacing it and have had no problems since and sometimes my car might sit for weeks in the garage

Dave
Yes auto. Just bought a Yellow Top at Sams Club. $205 And I did load the hard trans. tune. Thanks for help.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Sounds like you may have missed a key cycle or weren't engaging RUN mode with the start button if you wound up with a no start at the end, but it should be fine after cycling from Off to RUN, and off again.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2015, 09:43 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you get this all figured out ? Still can't tell any difference in power or shifts ?
Old 12-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Originally Posted by AssTyme
Did you get this all figured out ? Still can't tell any difference in power or shifts ?
No. Cannot tell a difference. Or shifting different. Nothing. Maybe installed wrong?
Old 12-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

No. Cannot tell a difference. Or shifting different. Nothing. Maybe installed wrong?
Something is wrong .... there is a noticeable difference in the performance of the 93 octane tune and the transmission tune set to firm .

I would restore the orginal tune and start over now that u have a good battery. Don't forget to cycle the key when it asks ...

Dave
Old 12-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Something is wrong .... there is a noticeable difference in the performance of the 93 octane tune and the transmission tune set to firm .

I would restore the orginal tune and start over now that u have a good battery. Don't forget to cycle the key when it asks ...

Dave
What do ya mean cycle key? You mean put in accessory mode? I was on phone with Diablo the whole time. He said before battery died that it said tune was complete. But yea it is worth a try. I paid $380 for this thing.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:52 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

What do ya mean cycle key? You mean put in accessory mode? I was on phone with Diablo the whole time. He said before battery died that it said tune was complete. But yea it is worth a try. I paid $380 for this thing.
No I mean when it asks you to turn ignition on , press the button but don't have your foot on the brake , and then when it states turn it off . ........

I am telling you mine bangs 2nd so hard it breaks the tires loose ( and this is no bs) . Between the Diablo and my vitennese throttle controller my car is a different animal . Like I stated before I am not sure if it added power but is just pulls real hard all the way up to the shift point

Dave
Old 12-21-2015, 12:57 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Good idea to go back to stock tune then reinstall the 91 octane or the Diablo (93 octane) tune and the firm shift.

After you do that, get a custom tune from Lew @ http://www.diablewtune.com/ and it will really wake the car up. His tune works great with the Vitesse controller.

You should feel a substantial difference btwn stock and either tune, especially with the TCM tune. Remember, this doesn't add a bunch of hp, just makes the car drive like it should with better throttle response.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:00 AM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

No I mean when it asks you to turn ignition on , press the button but don't have your foot on the brake , and then when it states turn it off . ........

I am telling you mine bangs 2nd so hard it breaks the tires loose ( and this is no bs) . Between the Diablo and my vitennese throttle controller my car is a different animal . Like I stated before I am not sure if it added power but is just pulls real hard all the way up to the shift point

Dave
to the point it wants to go sideways...and I have no throttle controller of any type.

With the stock goodyears it was violent with michelin pss it's more controlled
Old 12-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by let er eat
to the point it wants to go sideways...and I have no throttle controller of any type.

With the stock goodyears it was violent with michelin pss it's more controlled

Absolutely 100 % agree , I had the same tires and just bought the Michelin PSS , I cannot describe how well my car runs now compared to when I bought it .

Even my daughter commented on how much the front end lifts when I punch it from a stand still and the shift into second is just silly , have not had the opportunity to feel the shift into 3rd yet lol

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Tune

Old 12-21-2015, 08:12 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

With the Goodyears it would slide out a bit on the 2-3 shift, now it's just a thump unless the tires are cold lol...I havent got to the 3-4 shift
Old 12-22-2015, 11:06 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Dave
Hmmm... I have the same set up. Vitesse TC set on 9, Diablotune and firm shift. Do you have to stand on WOT to bark the tires in 2nd gear?

Also, all of the parameters that you have access to with the Diablo are a bit overwhelming. Have you played with any other settings or just loaded the canned 93 octane tune?
Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by acheman8
Hmmm... I have the same set up. Vitesse TC set on 9, Diablotune and firm shift. Do you have to stand on WOT to bark the tires in 2nd gear?

Also, all of the parameters that you have access to with the Diablo are a bit overwhelming. Have you played with any other settings or just loaded the canned 93 octane tune?
Throttle is planted on the floor thru 1st and into second . I don't think I would want it to bark into 2nd at anything less that WOT as that would just be to firm for me . I don't need it to be hard shifting at anything less that full throttle. My C5 had work done on the trans and it shifted way to hard , it gets old fast

I have not played with any of the other settings yet , after the holidays I am sending my log files to DiabloLew for some tweaking

Quick Reply: Diablo Tune