C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband, Only 1 or should each side use one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 01:00 AM
7007vette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default wideband, Only 1 or should each side use one?

Hello,

I am going to get a HP Tuner and learn basic tunning skills. Should I install a wideband in each side of the exhaust?
thanks
Old 12-14-2015, 09:15 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Having two is better than one, but nearly no one actually installs two. There is no way to tune one bank of cylinders different than the other.. so while it's nice to be able to see both, you can't actually do anything tuning wise with the differences.

If everything is healthy then they should be running nearly the same. You can monitor fuel trims during part throttle tuning and see how they compare on bank 1 vs. bank 2. If they are close to the same then most likely WOT AFR is close to the same as well.

I put mine on the driver side as that seems to be where most piston failures happen. Supposedly the passenger side bank runs slightly richer so I wanted to make sure I could see the leaner of the two

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-14-2015 at 09:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 08:13 PM
jdlew
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the Innovate Dual afr gauge installed on mine just so I could see what both sides are doing. The passenger side does run usually 0.1-0.2 afr richer. Unless you have the money to burn, I wouldn't waste it. One would do you just fine.

Get notified of new replies

To wideband, Only 1 or should each side use one?

Quick Reply: wideband, Only 1 or should each side use one?