C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continuing EFI live tune with different "hardware"

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:42 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Continuing EFI live tune with different "hardware"

Hey everyone,
I think I know the answer to this but I figured I would ask since I've never done it. Well, I tuned my H/C Z06 in the spring using the EFI Live scanner and software from the job I was working at. Everything is good but since then I have gotten a new job that doesn't have the scanner to use. My question is if I either buy or find the "hardware" to use will I have to make a whole new calibration file and use another license or will I essentially be able to pick up where I left off as I have the final calibration on my personal computer.

I'm assuming if I have to start over with another license I could essentially be able to just open and save the current file and then go from there.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-27-2015, 12:11 AM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I would assume you would need a new license and be able to work off of your current tune you already have on the car.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:30 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by russ472
I would assume you would need a new license and be able to work off of your current tune you already have on the car.
Correct on both answers...as you will have to buy a new cable anyways, and relicense, you have your choice of EFI Live or HP Tuners as you can pull your current file into HP Tuners and work it....

I use both and each has pluses and minuses. Now that HP Tuners 2.25 Beta has incorporated the Virtual VE coefficient developer into their software, I would lean toward HP Tuners...mostly for its A6/A8 tuning capabilities...but that's just my opinion.

Ed M

Last edited by mowton; 12-27-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:04 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mowton
Correct on both answers...as you will have to buy a new cable anyways, and relicense, you have your choice of EFI Live or HP Tuners as you can pull your current file into HP Tuners and work it....

I use both and each has pluses and minuses. Now that HP Tuners 2.25 Beta has incorporated the Virtual VE coefficient developer into their software, I would lean toward HP Tuners...mostly for its A6/A8 tuning capabilities...but that's just my opinion.

Ed M
Oh! That I did not know! I did look into that but didn't find a solid answer. So if I decided to go with HP Tuners I could pull my EFI Live calibration off the PCM and continue to make adjustments to it and then save it as a HP file?

I like HP but we had the EFI at my old job so it's what I used. And at a personal cost standpoint the HP tuners is more budget friendly.

Get notified of new replies

To Continuing EFI live tune with different "hardware"

Quick Reply: Continuing EFI live tune with different "hardware"