C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0443 evaporate circuit fault.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 AM
SuperchargedStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0443 evaporate circuit fault.

Ok so, I realize this P0443 fault can be tricky, here's what I've done to diagnose.
Tested purge solenoid by way of Vacuum, test lamp illum. W/key on no run, and is not the issue.
No manifold or line leak in certainty to rear of car.
Canister appears in order. Physical check.
Vent works electronically and in physical order. Replaced, and tested.
Electronically it appears to be in order, but fault still on MIL and no luck resolving.
Without OBDII tool, what method would I have to determine an ECU failure (E38) in a 2006?
I feel it's ECU.
FYI- cap replaced with OE unit and I have researched this to death so I'm looking for a techs perspective on diagnosis please.
Yes the car was tuned. Yes, the TB is a NW102; but I don't see issue there as swap tronics was done with OE- TB.
Any help?
Old 01-18-2016, 09:50 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes these EVAP codes can be pesky----Honestly they are usually false codes and can never be sorted out--You can spend hours in diagnosing and countless $$$ trying to find the cause---So your best bet would be to get a mail order tune and have them permanently DELETE all the EVAP codes----Done--- never again to re-appear all for $150
And they have NO affect on engine performance if deleted---whether they are real codes or false codes----

Quick Reply: P0443 evaporate circuit fault.