C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:48 PM
mellow 07
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cruise Control problem

While on vacation driving my 2007 C6 my water pump went bad.Took it to the local GM dealer and had it replaced and was back on the road and cruise control wouldn't work.Back to dealer thinking something was left disconnected.Cruise control unit checked out ok ,but computer not responding to request.
My car has a Edelbrock Supercharger and Dyno tuned so dealer would not get into the computer for fear of looseing my tune? Dealer stated they disconnected battery and throttle body to replace water pump which could have caused the problem.
So my question is could disconnecting battery and or TB cause this and if so is it a easy fix for a good tuner? Will be on the road for some time and miss the cruise!
ANY HELP APPRECIATED !

Last edited by mellow 07; 02-11-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Cruise control is controlled by both the ECM and BCM-----Mostly the BCM---body control module-----A car with a SC and with a re-tune would never have any reason to mess with the CC function nor have the ability to do so
There are a couple things you can look at---
1st IF your engine has a "misfire" whether real or false---a misfire will shut the cruise OFF
2nd---If you have a brake light circuit failure--- real or false---it will also shut the CC OFF---
On a auto trans it will also UNLOCK the converter--
The following users liked this post:
mellow 07 (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 01:27 AM
mellow 07
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help! Just yesterday the cruise started working again, no idea what caused it to restart.Great to have it back.Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Control problem

Quick Reply: Cruise Control problem