C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good tuners in tempe,AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 04:48 AM
m7madbinali
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good tuners in tempe,AZ?

hi guys if there's any good tuners in az please leave a number or pm me
id like to tune my c6 lsx
Old 03-07-2016, 08:48 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

pm'd you
Old 03-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Nic D will be doing 99% of the quality local tunes. He does solid work.

Depending on setup I may do it, and if it is a more extreme build Tony@UMS does a great job too.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:53 AM
NDAGRUV
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another option

NicD is one source for tunes in the Tempe area. Another is VETTECULTURE in Mesa. (I am certain there are MANY more in the Valley). They have a Tech2 (?) on staff every day and he is a MECHANIC, trained by GM (I believe), so what he looks for in his work is more "in tune" with what the physical engine is telling him at the time he is doing the tune. He is also intimately involved in HIGH HORSEPOWER Mods (blowers, cams, heads, everything in Corvette Performance - not "merely "tunes").
"Others" do it from "a text book" stand point and have NO mechanical experience whatsoever - sorry Nic.
I DON'T MEAN ANY OFFENSE WHATSOEVER, BUT NIC HAS "NO MECHANICAL SKILLS/INTUITION. He is merely reading from his tuner and pushing "yes/no". It is merely "a hobby" that provides a little spending money for him, I'm told.

I AM NOT STATING THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, BUT AM RELAYING THIS TO YOU FROM MY FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS THROUGHOUT THE PHOENIX METRO AREA WHO HAVE SHARED THIS WITH ME. LIKE I SAID -
NOTHING
I AM SAYING IS MEANT TO DISCREDIT THE MAN
- JUST TO PASS ON, FROM EXPERIENCED OWNERS AND CORVETTE REPAIR PERSONS IN THIS AREA, WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD.

Please, don't take this statement at face value - QUESTION local Corvette Shops around town and get their opinion.
If what I have heard from others and passed along to you is incorrect, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Old 05-08-2016, 02:59 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

All of this post is hearsay (told to you by others) and parts of it are just false (Nic has extensive mechanically experience). These kinds of posts should probably be limited to personal experience where you can be questioned about your knowledge by those that disagree. This is exactly why this kind of "testimony" is properly not allowed in most court proceedings.

Last edited by jim2092; 05-08-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:06 PM
NDAGRUV
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jim2092
All of this post is hearsay (told to you by others) and parts of it are just false (Nic has extensive mechanically experience). These kinds of posts should probably be limited to personal experience where you can be questioned about your knowledge by those that disagree. This is exactly why this kind of "testimony" is properly not allowed in most court proceedings.
I THOUGHT I WAS ON "THE CORVETTE FORUM" AND ALLOWED TO SPEAK FREELY??
AS A MATTER OF FACT, I DO (UNFORTUNATELY) HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH HIM AND HAD TO HAVE MY Z RE-DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL, THAT HAS $ INVESTED IN A BRICK & MORTAR SHOP, WHICH ALSO BACKS UP THEIR WORK. NIC DID/DOES NOT!

I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT, IN YOUR MIND(), I MUST BE SUPPEONAED, & BROUGHT IN FOR SWORN TESTIMONY!!
SURE GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN YOUR WORLD!!

I REFUSE TO BANTER ANY FURTHER RE: YOUR "JUSTIFICATION" OF AN AMATUER NON MECHANIC, WHO TAKES YOUR MONEY FOR AN OUT OF THE BOX STOCK TUNE. GLAD YOU ARE SO EASILY PLEASED - MAKE'S IT THAT MUCH EASIER.................................. ....
GOD BLESS!!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:32 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I think the changes in your facts (now you do have personal experience) and the extreme nature of your posts, will provide the readers of this thread with all they need to judge the veracity of your posts. Making any further posts here unnecessary.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

NDA is completely wrong. Nic is the only person in the valley that should be tuning from my experience. The fact that he doesn't own a shop doesn't mean crap. He is the only one reliably putting out high horse reliable power cars time and time again. He does not do "box tunes" and has enough mechanical know how to put together some of the fastest LS cars in the state in his own garage.

I also don't own a shop, but have tuned 100+ LS cars, from 350rwhp basic bolt on LS1s to 1200+rwhp drag cars, bottom 8 second drag cars, etc, and I've seen a TON of local tunes from various tuners. The only person I would even consider letting touch one of my cars if I didn't tune myself is Nic.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:05 PM
NDAGRUV
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jim2092
I think the changes in your facts (now you do have personal experience) and the extreme nature of your posts, will provide the readers of this thread with all they need to judge the veracity of your posts. Making any further posts here unnecessary.
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else".
Old 05-09-2016, 06:18 PM
NDAGRUV
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

"I have stated my opinion and stand by it.
You have stated yours and stand by it.
We will all go our way believing what we see "as truth". Obviously that is the way it should be. To have an opinion, when a question is asked, to respond from our heart and to move forward living life AS WE BELIEVE.

Thanks for the discussion!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

But when an opinion is full of lies, ********, and propaganda, that is no longer an opinion. You state several things in your "opinion" that are just wrong. As long as people know your opinion is based on ********, that is fine, have whatever opinion you want.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Nic owns and has personally built his cars which are some of the fastest lsx cars in the state lol. NDA the people i think your referring to are drinking off AEM's koolade and have absolutely no knowledge in the matter. Heck ask vetteculture were their tuner went. or the one before that guy.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
gmtech1234 (05-10-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To good tuners in tempe,AZ?

Quick Reply: good tuners in tempe,AZ?