C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a tune in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Khanh Vu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a tune in Houston

Hello. I am a new owner of 2008 Z06. The car is stock except for the Hurricane intake. Couple days ago i got the "traction system service" and check engine code for running lean on bank 1&2. My question are:
1. Do i need a tune to fix it? Or is this an air leak some where on the intake?
2. Where can i get a dynotune in Houston?
3 What is the price range for the tune?
Thank you very much for any infos. This is my first Corvette and i LOVE it! 😁
Old 03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Khanh Vu
Intermediate

Just picked up my C6 Z06 from LMR in Houston after a tune. Ted really wakes the beast up and the ride is completely different, throttle response is much better, i hardly can keep it under 60mph 😜. I couldn't be any happier with the number too 😁👍. Btw, my Z06 is bone stock except Hurricane CAI and exhaust modded. <br >
Old 03-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Khanh Vu
Just picked up my C6 Z06 from LMR in Houston after a tune. Ted really wakes the beast up and the ride is completely different, throttle response is much better, i hardly can keep it under 60mph 😜. I couldn't be any happier with the number too 😁👍. Btw, my Z06 is bone stock except Hurricane CAI and exhaust modded. <br >
Glad to see you got it taken care of. I just now saw this post. LMR is a good shop. Another good one is D3 Engineering. Ask for Josh. And if you really want to rock that Z06, grab a Magnuson Heartbeat for it. You would prob go to around 600 at the wheels, and the Tq curve is crazy.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Khanh Vu
Intermediate

Lol, trying to get some more bolts on goodies and stay away from forced induction for now. I afraid it will ruin the fun of street car becuase I dont track mine so i will be happy with 500rwhp 😁👍
Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 AM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

What caused the CEL and how did they fix it?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:56 AM
Khanh Vu
Intermediate

At first I thought it was an air leak from installing the CAI. I reinstalled it twice with electronic black tape between the intake and the claims too but the CEL (code 1701 and 1704) still turn on whenever i ran the car hot (coolant temp was above 220F). I did the idle relearn process too but problem still occur. So i do some reading on the forum and pretty sure the CEL was caused by the CAI meesed up the reading on my MAG. After the tune i didnt see the CEL turn on anymore. I ran the fault code scan from my OBD2 and it came back clean. I guess the tune fixed the CEL problem, atleast that is what I hope to archive from getting a tune beside getting a few extra ponies 😁
Old 04-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Calibur45
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While i lived down there 2 years back, I had a 2005 GTO h/c/i tuned by GFORCE (http://www.gforce-tx.com/).

They are in Pearland a little south of the big city, and specialize in LS cars.

Tune was great, service was too.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting a tune in Houston

Quick Reply: Getting a tune in Houston