C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a Chuck Cow tune worth it on a stock 07 manual corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default Is a Chuck Cow tune worth it on a stock 07 manual corvette?

Hey guys Just wondering about the tune he offers for a stock manual vette. Not really interested in the booster since I have a throttle controller already. I am wondering about a tune though. I have efi live so I would guess he could probably just make a tune and email it for me to flash in? I did a few things on my tune but nothing major because i don't know how far is too far. I would guess he knows these cars better than anybody. Anybody have just the tune and notice anything really? Only mod I have is a borla exhaust. Not planning on doing much for mods honestly but if there is more to be had with just a tune then I am all for that. What are your opinions?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:17 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default It's always best to talk to ME..... ;)

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Hey guys Just wondering about the tune he offers for a stock manual vette. Not really interested in the booster since I have a throttle controller already. I am wondering about a tune though. I have efi live so I would guess he could probably just make a tune and email it for me to flash in? I did a few things on my tune but nothing major because i don't know how far is too far. I would guess he knows these cars better than anybody. Anybody have just the tune and notice anything really? Only mod I have is a borla exhaust. Not planning on doing much for mods honestly but if there is more to be had with just a tune then I am all for that. What are your opinions?
It's always best to talk to ME..... About MY stuff...

Most Throttle controllers are crap made in China. Mine works way better is and 1,000% safe.

If you have a V2 cable, you won't need our AutoCal. Giveme a ring and I'll make you a special deal.

Also, we'll make a big discount for sending in your "throttle booster" and switching to ours.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 03-21-2016, 09:49 PM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
It's always best to talk to ME..... About MY stuff...

Most Throttle controllers are crap made in China. Mine works way better is and 1,000% safe.

If you have a V2 cable, you won't need our AutoCal. Giveme a ring and I'll make you a special deal.

Also, we'll make a big discount for sending in your "throttle booster" and switching to ours.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Hey Chuck yea I have the efi live v2 if that's what you were wondering. Do I have to send in my pcm? I was hoping I woudn't have to honestly. I kinda hate to start taking things apart since I have another year of warranty left on the car. That and I have been trying to get it out and drive it since it has been abnormally nice here this spring.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (05-02-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 12:04 AM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I put one of Chuck's tunes in my wife's 1LE Camaro and didn't tell her.
After she drove it the first time, she asked what in the heck did I do to her car. Chuckling, I said I put a tune in it.
She said I should have told her first, but said to leave it in because she liked it.
Chuck CoW (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 12:11 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLW BY
I put one of Chuck's tunes in my wife's 1LE Camaro and didn't tell her.
After she drove it the first time, she asked what in the heck did I do to her car. Chuckling, I said I put a tune in it.
She said I should have told her first, but said to leave it in because she liked it.
haha, nice. Did you have to send your pcm to him or how did you do it?
Old 03-22-2016, 12:34 AM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

haha, nice. Did you have to send your pcm to him or how did you do it?
Call him. You have a V2 like I do, email is the way I got mine.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default There's a few ways to do this.... It depends....

Hey Chuck yea I have the efi live v2 if that's what you were wondering. Do I have to send in my pcm? I was hoping I woudn't have to honestly. I kinda hate to start taking things apart since I have another year of warranty left on the car. That and I have been trying to get it out and drive it since it has been abnormally nice here this spring.
There's a few ways to do this.... It depends....

I STRONGLY encourage people with questions to CALL ME because there's more than one simple way to do this.

Once I know what you have and what you're wanting to do, I'll find you the easiest way. Some people have concerns

about all kinds of crazy things and quite honestly, there is pretty much no situation we can't handle easily.

Please call me and tell me your story.... 914-332-0049

Thanks
Chuck CoW
mvvette97 (03-22-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 08:33 AM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I think the op's original intent and question was is the tune worth it on a stock car with manual transmission. I do not see any answers to this. I have a GS with manual and i am also interested
In this answer. Most favorable reports are from A6 owners and from what i understand the transmission part of the tune is the most noticeable improvement. With us guys who drive MN6's is this worth the time and money? In addition i can also see how A6 benefits from cow booster or this Vitesse control but i do not need that. My controller is my right foot and any faster response might make this car a hassle both in traffic in city and very spirited driving in track conditions.

Just want to know if tune alone is worth the money on a mostly street driven manual car that is full stock.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:53 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gsflyer2011
I think the op's original intent and question was is the tune worth it on a stock car with manual transmission. I do not see any answers to this. I have a GS with manual and i am also interested
In this answer. Most favorable reports are from A6 owners and from what i understand the transmission part of the tune is the most noticeable improvement. With us guys who drive MN6's is this worth the time and money? In addition i can also see how A6 benefits from cow booster or this Vitesse control but i do not need that. My controller is my right foot and any faster response might make this car a hassle both in traffic in city and very spirited driving in track conditions.

Just want to know if tune alone is worth the money on a mostly street driven manual car that is full stock.
Yea never did really get a answer but as you even said I know for a fact the automatic cars love the tunes. My 97 with the auto was night and day difference from just the tune. Doug at ECS did it on my c5 and loved it. Now I guess to try to answer my own question about doing it on a stock manual i'm going to say yea it's worth it. I ended up having Doug do another tune for me on my 07 manual. he is a no pressure guy and can tell you flat out about what to expect from his tune. Also for the money ya can't beat it. I haven't drivin my car since doug has done the tune because of rain but I will say this, it always has a bit of a rough idle before but now it smooth at idle for the first time. so I expect everything else to be good as well just like before when he did my c5.
DOUG @ ECS (04-01-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

My vote is no on an M6. A6 is a different story..
Old 04-01-2016, 11:41 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Is it worth it???

Is it worth it??? YES, when you tune with ME especially.

WHY, There are clear benefits to a proper tune from the cooling system change, to the torque management, to

the THROTTLE Change with my CoW BOOSTER!, to the fuel and spark changes, to the NO SKIP SHIFT, and best

of all.....If the car is totally stock now, I RE-TUNE for FREE for all my AutoCal customers.

YES, it's totally worth tuning a STOCK car... Those are some of my most happiest customers.

You should do it.
Chuck CoW
Old 04-01-2016, 05:23 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
My vote is no on an M6. A6 is a different story..
Thanks for being honest! That is the conclusion i am arriving at also. Today i stopped at some big name well known corvette tuner/modifier here in south florida and his answer was the same. He said unless i do some mods like CAI and headers the tune alone will not be worth the money on a manual transmission stock car. Even in fl heat my temps are all very well and within range so i do not need altering the fan duty cycles, i have bypassed the skip shift with one of the after market adapters, and with the close ratio/shorter gear box in the GS i do not feel the need for a Vitesse or cow booster. So i get to save some money i guess. Good problem to have.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:22 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

YES, Its worth it... As long as Better Flowing air filter is done... Any 05-07 will benefit with one,as long as you upgrade air filter..Factory setup, may hinder gain's.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Absolute GARBAGE!

Thanks for being honest! That is the conclusion i am arriving at also. Today i stopped at some big name well known corvette tuner/modifier here in south florida and his answer was the same. He said unless i do some mods like CAI and headers the tune alone will not be worth the money on a manual transmission stock car. Even in fl heat my temps are all very well and within range so i do not need altering the fan duty cycles, i have bypassed the skip shift with one of the after market adapters, and with the close ratio/shorter gear box in the GS i do not feel the need for a Vitesse or cow booster. So i get to save some money i guess. Good problem to have.
Absolute GARBAGE! Not sure who you spoke to but ANY person telling you "IT'S NOT WORTH IT TO TUNE A STOCK CAR"

needs to have his head examined... OR, he's just trying to soak you for every penny he thinks he can get out of you.

Some of the greatest TUNING REVIEWS on this forum are from my customers that have TOTALLY STOCK CARS.

He's an idiot and I'LL GUARANTEE you'll be VERY IMPRESSED with MY tune.

Chuck CoW
Old 05-03-2016, 12:31 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Chuck, did u get my email, i sent thru here. ??..

I just sent, P.M. also..

Last edited by carls2004; 05-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Chuck CoW (05-04-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:44 PM
wil692
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chuck done the booster and a tune on my 07 standard conv.vette had a vararam on it at the time.it performed excellent.have since added a ec supercharge left the booser alone it performs awsome.
Chuck CoW (05-04-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 09:37 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

2013 Grand Sport MZ6 Cow Boosted and Tuned...
Short Answer: YES
Long Answer: WHY haven't you done this yet!

Get notified of new replies

To Is a Chuck Cow tune worth it on a stock 07 manual corvette?

Quick Reply: Is a Chuck Cow tune worth it on a stock 07 manual corvette?