C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help adjusting fuel and timing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:38 PM
dllhg
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Need help adjusting fuel and timing

I have never tuned my C6. Had done a bit to my LS2 GTO but it looks a lot different. I'm using HPT.

someone recommended I add 10-12% to the MAF and VE table in the 3000 rpm and up range.

Would also like to reduce timing maybe 2 degrees

Here is thread describing my problems

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...1#post19506825

Well I replaced my IC pump for my Maggie and added 3lbs of boost. Holy crap has the car gotten scarier to drive ! Since I have had the car it has always been hard to get these tires to even break loose unless I launched at 1500 RPM. Even then it was non eventful. I just assumed it was because of these huge grippy tires .... Well I guess I was wrong ! Got into trouble going to pass someone in 3rd gear from about 60-65. Had it set to 3rd manually and when I pinned it car got all ugly. Let off and it self corrected right away but still scared me pretty good. Temps were 63 outside so tires weren't too cold.

Did some 0-60 runs earlier today in 75 degree weather to see how she feels. Only launched from 1K RPM and felt like it was on ice. Kept it from spinning off the line but once it went full power it spun 1st, second and into 3rd when I let off. I did pretty good at modulating the throttle and pulled a 3.8 second 0-60. Did another run right after that thinking tires would be warmer and I would have less power from some heatsoak. Same low RPM launch and it just spun super bad until I let off in 3rd again. Terrible time that time. Only stayed in it for the hell of it knowing it was going to be bad. Basically it never stopped spinning at all.

Are Nitto Invos pretty crappy compared to PSS ? They are nearly new but I am thinking I need better tires just to be safe. Spins worse than my E55 with 265mm PSS tires and over 600ft lbs TQ which doesnt even make sense to me. Might have to do with TQ management and harder shifts. E55 has slow soft shifts. I have only driven this car 4K miles since I bought it. I had no idea it was so down on power until now. I always thought this car should be a lot faster with its light weight. Pretty sure it would freight train my E55 now. Was dead even when I first got it.

On a different log I just viewed I only hit 5300 RPM TPS shows 88%

3-6KR
Map hit 103
MAF was 58
Advance was only 7.5
INJ Duty was 82%

Clearly I need to get some better scans. Haven't done them in so long on any of my cars. Very rusty.

Last edited by dllhg; 03-24-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help adjusting fuel and timing