C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for E100

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Vêoitão
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning for E100

Hi all,
I'm from Brazil, and i've just received my hp tuners pro suite.
I was reading and trying to understand everything that I could until now.
I think I could understand basically how the e38 pcm works and how to start to tune it.
Here we have E100 everywhere, and it's cheap, so i want to try a tune to test how its gonna be. I have a dynojet near my house, sou I can compare precisely before and after tune.
I'm getting a WB to do it..
I have a CFG for the VCM scan, but i think it does not have WB sensor monitoring.

in VCM editor, theres a "stoich AFR" table, with 0% to 100% alcohol, but C6's doesnt have the flex fuel sensors correct?
Basically as i understood, I have to chage the stoich to e100, monitor the LTFT's %errors and correct it in VE tables.

Could anyone help me to start to do this tune?
Thank you and sorry for my poor english
Old 04-05-2016, 11:20 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

You have the basic idea. If your injectors are up to snuff and the fuel system can handle e100 that's all you'll have to do if that's the only fuel you'll run.

You can add a flex fuel sensor if you want to however. You can build your own system, but this is about as easy as it gets if you don't want to add a filter: https://www.dedicatedmotorsports.com...ct-p/c6ffk.htm
Old 04-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Vêoitão
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SEVINN
You have the basic idea. If your injectors are up to snuff and the fuel system can handle e100 that's all you'll have to do if that's the only fuel you'll run.

You can add a flex fuel sensor if you want to however. You can build your own system, but this is about as easy as it gets if you don't want to add a filter: https://www.dedicatedmotorsports.com...ct-p/c6ffk.htm
Nice setup, but my intention is to use only E100. Every gas station has it.
As Corvettes are not flex fuel, i'm not completely sure how the pcm "reads" the stoich afr table as the pcm "don't know" the fuel characteristics.

If the injectors gets maxed out, i can find some bigger ones around here. My car is a completely stock base LS3 MT.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:42 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Vêoitão
As Corvettes are not flex fuel, i'm not completely sure how the pcm "reads" the stoich afr table as the pcm "don't know" the fuel characteristics.

If the injectors gets maxed out, i can find some bigger ones around here. My car is a completely stock base LS3 MT.
It looks at the first cell in that table without the sensor installed. You can either just set that first cell to 8.978 or just do the whole table.

Last edited by sevinn; 04-05-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Vêoitão
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SEVINN
It looks at the first cell in that table without the sensor installed. You can either just set that first cell to 8.97 or just do the whole table.
Thank you!
Gonna try to mess with this thing when my WBo2 get here
Old 04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Vêoitão

If you add a flex fuel sensor then it uses the table

If you don't have a flex fuel sensor then whatever stoich value you put in first cell (0.0%) is what it will use. This is used for base fueling calculations, then based on O2 sensor readings it will add/subtract fuel accordingly (i.e. fuel trims)

If you are only going to run E100 100% of the time I would just make the entire table equal to whatever stoich is for that fuel and be done with it

Obviously you'll want to keep an eye on fuel trims/WB (if you have one) for a bit to make sure it's working as intended. And this of course assumes you have the injectors/fuel pump to support E100.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 PM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Just a word of caution for the Flex Sensor, it DOES NOT measure alcohol content, but hydrocarbon Ie; gasoline content!!! Ran into a youtube video of someone wanting to use it for testing distilled alcohol %, and it read 0%. Running water through it had it reading 100%.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning for E100

Quick Reply: Tuning for E100