C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising RPM shift points on automatic C6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising RPM shift points on automatic C6?

All,

Am new to Corvette ownership having recently acquired a low mileage 2009 C6 automatic and am hoping I have the right forum for this question. I would like to raise the RPM at which my auto trans both upshifts and downshifts in ordinary sporty driving. Not looking to raise the redline, but would like the engine to run above 1400 RPM much more of the time in auto mode by downshifting earlier and holding lower gears longer (without using the manual control paddle switches). Would also like to stay in a given gear longer when accelerating by raising the RPM before the shift into the next higher gear. Mostly just looking to keep the engine in a more responsive part of the powerband without totally trashing my fuel mileage.

Are these parameters for automatic shifting ones I can easily adjust with an ordinary SCT or other aftermarket handheld tuner? Or do I need one of those and then also need to buy a third party tune that would include the changes I am looking for? Wouldn't mind slightly firmer shifts as part of this. If this requires a third party tune, would welcome any recommendations you may have. Thanks in advance for any light you might shed on these questions.

--Leigh
Old 04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

HPTuners/EFI Live can both of course do this. Not sure about what the handhelds can or can't do.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Thanks much for flagging these, schpenxel, and will welcome any further suggestions forum members may be able to offer. --Leigh
Old 04-13-2016, 12:50 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

DiabloSport inTune and Trinity can both do what you're looking for... plus have the ability for you to get custom tuning done for it as well with either tool..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Gracias! Will look into these as well. --Leigh

Get notified of new replies

To Raising RPM shift points on automatic C6?

Quick Reply: Raising RPM shift points on automatic C6?