C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal position sensor relearn

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:59 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Clutch pedal position sensor relearn

Has anyone had trouble doing the clutch pedal position sensor relearn procedure? Mine will not accept a new voltage value to engage the start switch, so I can't start the car. Clutch learn status showing "disabled" in HPTuners scanner. No luck doing it with a tech 2 either.
I have two DTCs P080a & P0315 due to recent ECM change. Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Someone must have an idea. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:57 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Can you disable clutch requirement for starting? There's an option for it in HPT on mine but I've never messed with it
Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

I didn't there was an option for it. I thought of trying to bypass the sensor somehow but didn't know if it would effect CFCO or something else that would screw me later.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:20 AM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Are you in the module setup/programming function with the Tech2 or the display function?

The scan tool will display under CPP Learn Status: Not Learned, In Process, Complete, Fail - Low Volt, Fail - High Volt, or Fail Moving. The scan tool will display under CPP Learn Status Complete if the process was successful.

I know when I installed a new ECM, I had to do the same thing.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 AM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Can you disable clutch requirement for starting? There's an option for it in HPT on mine but I've never messed with it
Thanks for that info. Works great. You just loose the ability to turn the ignition on and can only go into accessory mode. Even a quick press of the start button will start the car.

Originally Posted by erick_e
Are you in the module setup/programming function with the Tech2 or the display function?

The scan tool will display under CPP Learn Status: Not Learned, In Process, Complete, Fail - Low Volt, Fail - High Volt, or Fail Moving. The scan tool will display under CPP Learn Status Complete if the process was successful.

I know when I installed a new ECM, I had to do the same thing.
Yes I was in the module setup section. I really don't know what is going on with it since I have successfully completed the procedure before. It has 5 volts going to it.(pin C)
Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by phipp85
Thanks for that info. Works great. You just loose the ability to turn the ignition on and can only go into accessory mode. Even a quick press of the start button will start the car.
No problem. I probably wouldn't want to leave it like that.. My C5 was like that and someone bumped the ignition once and the car went moving when it tried to start. Almost hit a curb hard.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:08 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schpenxel
No problem. I probably wouldn't want to leave it like that.. My C5 was like that and someone bumped the ignition once and the car went moving when it tried to start. Almost hit a curb hard.
Agreed. Im gonna see if I can figure out what the real issue is. I was just trying to get to a track event this past weekend. I had to put a sticky note over the start button so I didn't flatten someone in the paddock by accident.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:18 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by phipp85
Agreed. Im gonna see if I can figure out what the real issue is. I was just trying to get to a track event this past weekend. I had to put a sticky note over the start button so I didn't flatten someone in the paddock by accident.
did you do a crank relearn procedure first?guess not if unable to start

Last edited by irok; 05-03-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by irok
did you do a crank relearn procedure first?guess not if unable to start
No I didn't. Even after it started it wouldn't store the crank relearn values either. I'm putting the old ECM back in anyway since the new one didn't fix what I was troubleshooting.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:34 PM
Whodamans
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 76 Posts

I know this is an old post, but tryin my best to find some info.

Got to my shop hooked up the scanner found the CPP relarn function seems to work as it should but will not save the change the value of the "allows the car to start" voltage. Is there anyway i can do this with this scan tool? It does say something akin to "level not high enough" after it says clutch relearn successful.

is this something only a dealer has access and can do? I just want the car to start when the clutch is depressed literally at all, and not to the floor.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch pedal position sensor relearn

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal position sensor relearn