C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tunning advice going from sea level to 4200 ft elevation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 10:01 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default tunning advice going from sea level to 4200 ft elevation?

Hey guys my car was fully built and tuned by ECS in PA. I now have the car in UT. 4200 FT, i def feel like she is running rich it smells as it is doing so. Is that what would typically happen with that move? She had 723 rwhp down there with 10psi.

Wondering what parts of the tune i should change, fuel, timing, both? Would i likely just need to pull fuel out of it? Kinda lost here at what i need to do to get her running in perfect order, just want to keep her safe and top performing.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2016, 10:26 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Without a wideband and logging it is anyones guess.

More than likely some tweaking of the MAF or VE tables depending on what it's setup for will do the trick.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by badass1g
Hey guys my car was fully built and tuned by ECS in PA. I now have the car in UT. 4200 FT, i def feel like she is running rich it smells as it is doing so. Is that what would typically happen with that move? She had 723 rwhp down there with 10psi.

Wondering what parts of the tune i should change, fuel, timing, both? Would i likely just need to pull fuel out of it? Kinda lost here at what i need to do to get her running in perfect order, just want to keep her safe and top performing.

Thanks
Take it to premier and be done. Heath and Brock rock.

Get notified of new replies

To tunning advice going from sea level to 4200 ft elevation?

Quick Reply: tunning advice going from sea level to 4200 ft elevation?