C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire monitor relearn

Old 05-16-2016, 12:13 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tire monitor relearn

Just finished replacing the battery in my 2011 ZR1, got the windows indexed ok but looks like the TPMS sensors need to be relearned. Next time I will leave my battery tender hooked up at the fuse box. Is there any procedure I can do to relearn it or is the stealership the only option. I am in the Pasadena,Md area if anyone has the time to help out.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:40 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Just go driving and they will pick right backup.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:52 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Took the car for about a 1/2hr drive, still not working. Even tried changing the pressure in each tire as someone suggested in another post. Stopped by the local Chevy dealer & they were pretty much clueless on how to do it. Just left there & called the dealer where I purchased. Maybe their Corvette guy can get it working. This can't be rocket science. Apologies to any rocket scientists out there.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:01 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by 03sixspeed
Took the car for about a 1/2hr drive, still not working. Even tried changing the pressure in each tire as someone suggested in another post. Stopped by the local Chevy dealer & they were pretty much clueless on how to do it. Just left there & called the dealer where I purchased. Maybe their Corvette guy can get it working. This can't be rocket science. Apologies to any rocket scientists out there.
That's really odd. You shouldn't completely lose your tpms with a battery swap.

The process is to put your car into acc mode and then press both lock and unlock buttons until the horn honks, then start at the front left wheel with the tpms tool until it honks and go clockwise around the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
03sixspeed (05-24-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Hi 03sixspeed,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this concern with the TPMS sensors on your Corvette and that this was not resolved after visiting the dealership. I understand you have reached out to another dealership for a second look. Have you set up a service appointment with this dealer yet? If not, I would be happy to assist in facilitating an appointment. If this is of interest, please send a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and involved dealer. I look forward to your reply.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-19-2016, 07:26 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

A good friend of mine will try to relearn the TPMS on Friday morning. If that fails I will take it back to the dealer where I purchased. Holding down the lock & unlock on the fob was not the method the local dealer was using. They were trying to use the Tech 2 for the relearn, and between three of them each had a different method that was supposed to be correct. All the sensors worked perfect before the battery died. Everything else was reprogrammed without fail with the new battery. FOB batteries are about two months old if it makes a difference.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
jimmymac25
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

How long was the battery flat?
Old 05-21-2016, 10:30 AM
03sixspeed
Racer

Had the car parked in the garage for about 1 month. I have a battery tender but with my schedule I just neglected to hook it up. Not normal for me to do that. Not sure when it was actually dead enough to cause a problem but it would not even take a jump box to start up. Went & purchased a new battery since the original was in the car. Fired right up but had the message for the tire pressure system. Local Chevy dealer that sold me the battery offered to reset it but when I got there they had no idea why trying it with the Tech2 would not initiate the relearn. They did not want to hear any ideas on why so I got out of there. Learned here on the forum how to do it myself without any tpms tools. Will have to look up that post & member & thank them.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Battery was out of the car for a couple of days. Not sure why I lost the tpms. Your suggestion did the trick. Thanks sevinn for the advice..

Last edited by 03sixspeed; 05-24-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add name
Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Battery was out of the car for a couple of days. Not sure why I lost the tpms. Your suggestion did the trick. Thanks sevinn for the advice..
glad you got it sorted

Get notified of new replies

To Tire monitor relearn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire monitor relearn