C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Intune2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:10 AM
Vetted Car Club
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Intune2

Hey everyone ,I just purchased the intune2 from Diablo, Since the C6 uses a key fob ,Instr of a key ,What did you guys & gals do to provide power to upload the can tune ? Does the Start button have to be in Acc mode? All of the YouTube videos I've see all have keys for theirs .
Thanks again
Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetted Car Club
Hey everyone ,I just purchased the intune2 from Diablo, Since the C6 uses a key fob ,Instr of a key ,What did you guys & gals do to provide power to upload the can tune ? Does the Start button have to be in Acc mode? All of the YouTube videos I've see all have keys for theirs .
Thanks again
The Intune will power up as soon as you plug it into the OBD port , pick what you want to do from the main menu ( IE TUNE VECH)

then follow instructions , you will see a lot of turn key on ... just press your start button but leave your foot off the brake or clutch then turn key off ,

I loaded the 93 octane tune and the TCM tune ( A6) , I set the TCM tune to firm . you will be happy with the results

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes from Write Start to Write Complete but don't expect to feel miracles right away .... it will take at least 100 miles for the ECM to adjust to the new tune

If you have an AUTO , this tune you will feel right away as the 1st to second shift is much firmer and in my case , the tires would break loose

Make sure you update it FIRST before using the tuner , plug it in to your internet enabled computer and run the update thru the software that will install . it sometimes takes a real long time ... just let it update and walk away for an hour or two

The best part is I used it to load a custom Tune from DIABLO LEW after installing headers and high flow cats , you send him a data log that you do with the tool and he modifies it and sends it back , you upload to the ECM , drive for 100 miles and .... I assure you u will feel the difference and if I ever want to put it back to stock I can restore my old tune in less than 10 minutes
Dave
The following users liked this post:
Rblask2005 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

"Let's talk push-button start" -- https://forum.diablosport.com//viewt...p?f=44&t=51204

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Push and hold the start button to engage RUN mode for each key on request
Old 05-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Loaded08
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 08, using the original intune, I could only get it to write using ACC mode. It worked fine, but just a heads up, I think it is year dependent on whether the RUN engine-off mode works or not.
The following users liked this post:
sfrank2886 (07-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Default Why isn't new tune felt immediately?

Dcasole, can you or others on this thread elaborate on why the ECM needs 100 miles of driving to adjust to the changed settings of the Diablo 93 tune? These are all values in a series of tables that the system reads based on various operating conditions and inputs, so I don't fully understand why the effects of the new tuning wouldn't be felt as soon as the newly tuned car references the changed tables. Thanks. --Leigh

Originally Posted by Dcasole
The Intune will power up as soon as you plug it into the OBD port , pick what you want to do from the main menu ( IE TUNE VECH)

then follow instructions , you will see a lot of turn key on ... just press your start button but leave your foot off the brake or clutch then turn key off ,

I loaded the 93 octane tune and the TCM tune ( A6) , I set the TCM tune to firm . you will be happy with the results

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes from Write Start to Write Complete but don't expect to feel miracles right away .... it will take at least 100 miles for the ECM to adjust to the new tune

If you have an AUTO , this tune you will feel right away as the 1st to second shift is much firmer and in my case , the tires would break loose

Make sure you update it FIRST before using the tuner , plug it in to your internet enabled computer and run the update thru the software that will install . it sometimes takes a real long time ... just let it update and walk away for an hour or two

The best part is I used it to load a custom Tune from DIABLO LEW after installing headers and high flow cats , you send him a data log that you do with the tool and he modifies it and sends it back , you upload to the ECM , drive for 100 miles and .... I assure you u will feel the difference and if I ever want to put it back to stock I can restore my old tune in less than 10 minutes
Dave
Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldc1955
Dcasole, can you or others on this thread elaborate on why the ECM needs 100 miles of driving to adjust to the changed settings of the Diablo 93 tune? These are all values in a series of tables that the system reads based on various operating conditions and inputs, so I don't fully understand why the effects of the new tuning wouldn't be felt as soon as the newly tuned car references the changed tables. Thanks. --Leigh
Leigh , maybe Diablow Lew or Mike could provide a better answer but it's my understanding the ECM in a C6 will adjust values up or down up to 25 % based on the static values that are in the tables

This is why you would put some miles on the car to allow this change to happen .

It's also my understanding that the buss interface in a C6 updates slower hence the reason for the 100 to 150 mile recommendation

Dave
Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Thanks, Dave, and will welcome any added light Lew or Mike might shed on this question.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:22 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Every time you install a tune, all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again.

part-throttle regular driving takes time to relearn, the fuel trims need to be relearned and settle in.

WOT changes take affect immediately, since fuel trims are not used at WOT...

and tranny changes would also take affect immediately, but the TCM/tranny still "learns" as you drive..
Old 05-24-2016, 08:55 AM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Thanks, Lew, for comfirming this. --Leigh
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 AM
jonjamis
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Loaded08
On my 08, using the original intune, I could only get it to write using ACC mode. It worked fine, but just a heads up, I think it is year dependent on whether the RUN engine-off mode works or not.
On my 2008, here is how it will load the tune.

Car power off. Plug tuner into data port below and forward of steering wheel. Wait for tuner to boot up(about 30 sec). You get the i2 home page(no menu).

Push and hold acc button for 10 sec(lower left on start switch panel) to get run mode. If you accidentally get acc mode the car will shut down the tuner after a couple of minutes and you will have to start over. You do not push the button marked "start" on the car.

The menu will appear. Then, select "tune vehicle" on the i2 menu.

Last edited by jonjamis; 01-31-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Intune2

Quick Reply: Diablo Intune2