C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 AM
SeriousSN95
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP

Hey guys, i recently got a killer deal on an 06 c6 corvette. The motor is a ls2 but someone installed a LG motorsports camshaft, 0821 square port heads with a stock ls3 intake and throttle body along with Vararam intake and full stainless exhaust. I had the car tuned yesterday by a very reputable tuner in Orange Park Fl Named Tracy Grimm @SpeedFab/Tuners Inc. The car runs excellent except for the fact that when you go WOT and the let off, the car goes into reduced power mode. The code i get is TAC module i believe (tracy just deleted it so it would fire right up). Tracy believes i need to put a stock Silver blade LS2 throttle body on the car and it will fix the issue. Being that ive read about 20 threads saying all different things regarding the "reduced power mode", i really dont wanna drop 200+ dollars on a throttle body when it can be a dumb sensor. Can anyone help me with this issue???? The car put down 430/410 though an Auto which im very happy with, but not being able to hit it without it going into limp mode is really annoying. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:53 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Hes right. Put a silver blade throttle body on and it will be fine. I believe "taken19" had a similar issue I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ttle-body.html

Last edited by sevinn; 06-07-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by SeriousSN95
Hey guys, i recently got a killer deal on an 06 c6 corvette. The motor is a ls2 but someone installed a LG motorsports camshaft, 0821 square port heads with a stock ls3 intake and throttle body along with Vararam intake and full stainless exhaust. I had the car tuned yesterday by a very reputable tuner in Orange Park Fl Named Tracy Grimm @SpeedFab/Tuners Inc. The car runs excellent except for the fact that when you go WOT and the let off, the car goes into reduced power mode. The code i get is TAC module i believe (tracy just deleted it so it would fire right up). Tracy believes i need to put a stock Silver blade LS2 throttle body on the car and it will fix the issue. Being that ive read about 20 threads saying all different things regarding the "reduced power mode", i really dont wanna drop 200+ dollars on a throttle body when it can be a dumb sensor. Can anyone help me with this issue???? The car put down 430/410 though an Auto which im very happy with, but not being able to hit it without it going into limp mode is really annoying. Thanks in advance!
the new silver blade is over $400. more than twice the price of gold blade LS3
Old 06-25-2016, 12:58 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

In older C5 corvettes after exceeding a certain HP increase you would get a P1514 code which is a code that says you are exceeding the ECM's "predicted airflow"
Simply increasing this table by 25% would eliminate this code and prevent a reduced power mode
On a C6 the table names have changed however there is still a "max airflow" table in the ETC part of your tune in the diagnostics section-----Same scenario works here as in a C5--increase the MAX airflow values and the power reduction mode should dis appear
Old 08-06-2017, 11:40 PM
wil692
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really appreciate this info
Old 08-30-2017, 02:21 PM
IansInGarage
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
In older C5 corvettes after exceeding a certain HP increase you would get a P1514 code which is a code that says you are exceeding the ECM's "predicted airflow"
Simply increasing this table by 25% would eliminate this code and prevent a reduced power mode
On a C6 the table names have changed however there is still a "max airflow" table in the ETC part of your tune in the diagnostics section-----Same scenario works here as in a C5--increase the MAX airflow values and the power reduction mode should dis appear
I'd ask this question to your tuner. I'm kinda assuming he would have configured the throttlebody he saw to work with your setup. Wonder how reliable the TB's are; because people sell them all the time upgrading.

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP

Quick Reply: Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP