C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBCM C0550 Code/ABS/Engine Dying/Wheel Hub

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:09 PM
DealmakerC6
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default EBCM C0550 Code/ABS/Engine Dying/Wheel Hub

After going from mechanic to mechanic, I think I found one who is getting some of the work done. Had a few new issues while driving the car between visits to mechanics, and could use some assistance.

1. There is a wire on the battery terminal that is in black plastic conduit, zip tied to the battery terminal (which is not a stock terminal) and it is melting the conduit. Ill take a picture of that later and post here.

2. The ABS and DIC message of Service Anti-Lock Brakes will illuminate suddenly, and at 45 mph or so the car seems to downshift to 1st, and once I slow the engine will die. (happened 3x to me, and at least once at the mechanic)

3. Mechanic stated the wheel hub is bad and is being replaced. Also have a check engine code of C0550 (EBCM Performance.) Mechanic states that they do not belive the wheel hub would cause the engine to stall. (which I could understand, but with these Vettes, anything is possible) FYI I previously had stored codes of P0420, P9430 (Catalytic Performance), P2068 (Fuel Level Sending Unit) and the infamous Airbag light.

Looking for any insight into the engine dying and ABS issues. Mechanic seems to be vexed over the stalling engine.

Last edited by DealmakerC6; 06-17-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: clarity

Quick Reply: EBCM C0550 Code/ABS/Engine Dying/Wheel Hub